Share your bad photography job experiences/F#$% Ups.

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by kwax, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Zardoz

Zardoz Member

Oops. Can't help but laugh at this!

Picked the wrong client once. Ignored the warning signs. Ignored the bitter cries from my assistant telling me that I'm getting myself into a world of pain after spending five minutes with the couple. The shoot came out, well, reasonably okay by my standards but didn't quite have the spark I was hoping to deliver. Having the bride storm off mid-shoot didn't help and then my assistant getting upset because the wedding couple forgot to put us on a table at the reception and we were starving...

Couple got upset that we didn't deliver the shots the bride wanted and didn't pay the full amount. It didn't help that she didn't stick around for the shots we wanted... but hey. It could have been a lot, lot worse for us and it just wasn't worth wasting time and energy after all was said and done.

Strangely enough I still get referrals from their friends?! Beats me!

Non-professional whoopsies include leaving the memory cards at home and on more than one occasion, leaving the battery on the charger and none in the camera.

And leaving the charger at home when I spent two and a half weeks in San Diego.

I usually cover this stuff in my equipment check-list before I leave with any moderate intention to bring home some images.

2. switchblade327

switchblade327 Member

They obviously know her and saw what you could do under the circumstances :)

(also that they can negotiate a good price with you :lol:)

3. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

good theory, i quite dislike my sister-in-law, and i if i saw some shots of her that came out good knowing what a massive control-freak phycho she is, then i would know the photog is good :thumbup:

4. AssM@N

AssM@N Member

I onced kicked a guitar over in church while the priest was up talking:sick:

5. 3t3rna1

3t3rna1 Member

I just did my first wedding on the weekend for a family member... Apart from checking exposure/focus a few times I couldn't bring myself to review all the shots on the night just in case I'd royally messed up :upset:

Turns out I didn't do so bad, a fair few were a bit under exposed but usable. I cut the feet off all of the groomsmen in one shot that would have been perfect otherwise.

The things family put you through...

6. OP
    OP
    kwax

kwax Member

DOH! just deliverd a dvd with 400 photos to a client with her name on each photo....spelt wrong. >.<

I typed Slyvia not Sylvia MYY BAADD

7. checks202

checks202 Member

Not sure if this should go here but. I accepted work from a priest. Oh my never again! The stipulations and expectations are unreal.

Seem'd to think that 400 images from a event isn't a problem. Which it isn't. But to then expect the images edited by the next morning and explaining that amount of pictures cannot be easily emailed. Oh the headaches.

Trying to explain to some people the laws of physics is like trying to get blood from a stone lol.

8. Audionut

Audionut Member

Thinking you can explain the devils 'physics' to a priest isn't the smartest move!

9. bubblegoose

bubblegoose Member

Especially when they can't understand logic and reason... :p