sharp LC46LE830x

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Dimtar, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Dimtar

Dimtar Member

Hi all

JB Hifi have these for sale for $888, can someone advise whether these are worth while please?

2. hunterdata

hunterdata Member

I saw these today at my local JB's too. IMO a brilliant buy for a 46" LED set and reliability and longevity would be better than the usual Samsung or Sony product which only have 1yr warranty.
    It appears to be well made like most Sharp products and has a good range of features.
    If I was in the market for a 46" set I would have this in a flash!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Standard 3yr warranty from Sharp comes with it also.;););)
    There are reviews available on the net and the ones I read were favourable.

No matter what you choose there will be something better and cheaper in a few months.... thats how these things go.

3. OP
    OP
    Dimtar

Dimtar Member

Thanks dude.

The only thing that doesn't look good on paper is its only edge lit, does that make much difference real world?

4. Fishface

Fishface Member

Almost all of the LED LCDs are edge lit. Only the very expensive ones are back lit.

5. OP
    OP
    Dimtar

Dimtar Member

hunterdata I cannot find any reviews, a comparison site has the rating at 6 out of 10 but that's all I have found so far. :(

6. OP
    OP
    Dimtar

Dimtar Member

Looks like this was a one day only sale though I did not personally see that labelled anywhere.

7. fry

fry Member

Keen to hear if these are good as I'm ready to decide between this and a Sony BRAVIA KDL46EX520. The Sony is on 50Hz though.

The 830x has AquoMotion -200Hz backlight scanning system and the 835x has AquoMotion PRO – 200Hz panel plus 200Hz Backlight scanning system whatever the difference is (about $400)

8. fry

fry Member

9. panther1

panther1 Member

The only review I've found on the LE830 range of TV's is here.

I don't know what difference (if any) the "x" suffix signifies.

10. fry

fry Member

Great find, I think I'm sold :) now to see if it will mount to my existing Samsung 32" wall mount bracket...

11. panther1

panther1 Member

I'm just back from JB's and the price is now $1498. When I mentioned $888 the arrogant salesperson said it was only a Boxing day sale as stated in Monday's paper.

I was on JB's website on Boxing day looking at TV prices and I didn't see this TV for $888 let alone any mention of a one day sale, or I would have gone straight out and bought one.

12. fry

fry Member

Devo. Stated.

Bondi Junction JB's sold out on Boxing Day. Ordio had 2 models of the 40" for $599 but they were demo stock

13. OP
    OP
    Dimtar

Dimtar Member

LOL @ your WP post.

Also, I ended up getting the 40" as that's all they had left. Have only used it for a little while but it's great so far. (the 3D works fine but I have near zero intention of using it long term and it wasn't purchased for that reason)

14. fry

fry Member

haha yeah I've spent hours refreshing each thread here and there trying to find the best deal after missing this one :(

I'm settling on a 40 or 46" Sammy Series 6, but seeing input lag issues around. The beauty of the Series 6 is the inputs don't face back into the wall (like most others), which means I can keep it closer to the wall when mounting (room is a bit tight).

Same with me for the 3D, unfortunately if you want a high refresh rate, it comes with the higher end models which have 3D, IPTV and the Hockey Pokey 4000, of which I need none of them, just the 200Hz or higher refresh rate and reasonable speakers.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  15. OP
    OP
    Dimtar

Dimtar Member

The Sharp (40") is the pick I feel, it has Yamaha speakers and has inputs that nearly all point outwards. The HDMI do all point sidewards at least.

16. fry

fry Member

I am upgrading from a POS Samsung 32" similar to this (2006 era) http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/...dex.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification

17. fry

fry Member