show me your Guitars

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by karl, Jun 12, 2002.

1. dumpst0r

dumpst0r Member

thanks guys, i think i just googled too much in to it and didn't realise there was a difference in classical and acoustic guitars, was too much in a rush to buy the strings to put them on and paid $20 for them, think i'l just buy a chat acoustic to chuck em on for fun

2. jmannik

jmannik Member

My current main two guitars... love the jaguar so much right now since i had it in the shop to get a good setup. ive replaced the bridge pickup of it with a SD hot rails too and changed the wiring a little (changed the bass cut switch to be a coil tap)

Click to view full size!

3. BLuFFaLo

BLuFFaLo Member

Yeah - the easiest way to avoid this is to pop the springs off of the back of the trem (pull up on trem bar, flip guitar around and pull springs off with needle nose pliers and be ready to "catch" the trem when you take the last spring off, you don't want it to fall and chip your paint) and then adjust the posts, pop the trem back into position and put the springs back on.

from memory edge3's wont accept another trem without modification, its just the old lo-trs ones that could swap with an ofr. i might be wrong though. you wont be able to put an edge or lo-pro edge in there though.

i also would love a jpm1 but the price they go for is silly. i'd more likely get a jem777sk than a jpm!

piezo is pretty cool..... it doesn't go too well with a normal amp though. you need something like a pa, or modeler->pa or a seperate keyboard amp or something.

4. bubblegoose

bubblegoose Member

I have setup my pedal board to have two amp outlets. So playing a piezo isn't really an issue.

I have some ideas for modifications if I was to use a piezo, I would run a stereo guitar lead (one output from regular pickups, one from piezo) and them take the piezo feed straight into a switch on the pedal board that would mute the guitar amp output(s) and send the piezo signal to PA output. Well it would be an amp I use for a keyboard. But could just as easily go into a mixer.

5. sandwichamwin

sandwichamwin Member

The piezo sounds best on an electric guitar when it's coupled with the magnetic pickups. They don't sound all that great on their own, but with a nice clean sound from the mags and some chorus, it sounds beautiful.

6. BLuFFaLo

BLuFFaLo Member

I made this ages ago.
    The idea is that normal guitar amp speakers can't reproduce the treble that the piezo offers

7. sandwichamwin

sandwichamwin Member

I sort of assumed that one would have the piezo running through a PA/Acoustic amp.

8. BLuFFaLo

BLuFFaLo Member

Jc120 has speakers that aren't much like other amp speakers haha. But yeah I should do it again and have it sorta the other way around, but that way I could switch to the next patch and has distortion guitar with the mags and have the piezo blended in or switched to it totally for an "acoustic" sound by flicking a switch on the guitar

9. bubblegoose

bubblegoose Member

At about 1/3 of the way in, what are you running into to get that sound? Me likes it a lot!

EDIT: Just read the youtube description, Axe FX... haha

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  10. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

11. kizzap

kizzap Member

Well I had a GAD today (Guitar Acquisition Day). And I finally managed to pick up this sexy beast:

[​IMG]

It's a Cort Aero TH, with Seymour Duncan Pickups, and the guy at the shop believes that the middle Pickup is a Mightymouse? or something (i honestly have no idea about the brands, I just know that it sounds awesome)

This adds to my collection of other guitars:

[​IMG]

A Greg Bennett Les Paul model, (also with the Seymour Dunc. pickups.) My second ever guitar and I still love it.

And finally my Acoustic:

[​IMG]

It is just a washburn acoustic, A nice sounding guitar, has a pickup in it which is handy as well.

-kizzap

12. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

Got my inlays today.

[​IMG]

13. sandwichamwin

sandwichamwin Member

That Cort is hot :thumbup:

14. Marlborosmoker

Marlborosmoker Member

THe ppickup is probably a mightymite - Cort owns them AFAIK

15. BigandY

BigandY Member

set up an edge III properly and it will hold tune perfectly.

edit: after reading more of the thread yep there you go, you can't go ahead and mess around without knowing what you're doing, you'll end up fucking it up and calling it a rubbish trem on an online forum

wait a second

16. jmannik

jmannik Member

a friend borrowed my les paul goth and while they had it the headstock was broken :'( so i went to ebay and got myself this guitar to replace it....

Click to view full size!

its beautiful... the pictures just dont do it justice

17. sandwichamwin

sandwichamwin Member

What is it?

18. tempa

tempa Member

Is it just that picture or is it damaged on the top edge where the binding is? Looks like a series of dents in that area on the enlarged pic?

19. jmannik

jmannik Member

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top in trans amber colour

the only dent on the guitar is a small one on the headstock, are you possibly talking about the fluffy stuff in the case thats going over the guitar at the edge where your arm would rest while playing?

20. tempa

tempa Member

Yeah that's exactly what I am talking about. Now you mention "fluffy stuff" I can see it as fluffy stuff, before that it looked to me like a series of small dents/imperfections along the edge of the guitar/binding. Funny how the eyes can trick you!

Lovely looking guitar by the way. I love the trans amber colour!