show me your Guitars

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by karl, Jun 12, 2002.

1. DJ Fusion

DJ Fusion Member

Hey isn't that identical to the other Jag at the top of this page? :eek:

2. atmo

atmo Member

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a weird coincidence given they're not exactly the most popular guitars.

3. -Rift-

-Rift- Member

4. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Whats all the knobs and switches do ?

5. DJ Fusion

DJ Fusion Member

Nice Charvel!!

6. atmo

atmo Member

This explains it better than I can:

Taken from here: http://www.jag-stang.com/guitars/jaguar/fender-jaguar-faq/

7. -Rift-

-Rift- Member

:D Cheers, the neck on it is amazing!

8. ck_psy

ck_psy Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My D'Aquisto

9. nevermore

nevermore Member

[​IMG]

The first guitar I bought myself, an LTD AX-250. Has a nice warm sound because of the EMGs, but, having played many guitars since, I've decided I don't really like the feel of it anymore. I've got the action as low as it will go but the bridge still feels like it's keeping my hand from doing what I want to do. Very light body but a very laminated, plasticy feel. Also the pointy bits keep digging into my ribs :p
    It has been signed by all members of Immortal though, so there's that.
    I think I'll put some fatter strings on it, keep it in a drop-something tuning and just use it for silly nothing-above-the-seventh-fret style chugging.

[​IMG]

My beautiful Prestige RGR1570 in suede black. All future guitar purchases will be measured against this one, but it's set the bar pretty high. First guitar I really sat down to adjust the action to be 100% where I want it and it feels amazing now. A really thin neck is something I can't do without now.

[​IMG]

All solid Artwood 3000 is the warmest sounding acoustic I've ever played. Absolutely amazing sound, and the neck is just that little bit slimmer than most acoustics, so you can bust out some faster electric-style playing much easier.

My next guitar purchase (which, sadly, won't be in my finaces' forseeable future) will be a custom build, most likely by ET Guitars. I want to give a seven string a go, and I want to design a body somewhere between ESP's Horizon III and Forest GT models. After playing the absolutely amazing Ibanez RG35070Z I would want to get the 7 string versions of DiMarzio's Tone Zone and Air Norton pickups to go in it.

10. BigandY

BigandY Member

Nevermore, you like the Artwood? Ibanez did some serious work on them for 2011 and they are absolutely beautiful guitars. Did you also try the AW3050 (cedar all solid)?

11. atmo

atmo Member

Picked up this from ChrisH earlier today.

[​IMG]

Not sure if I've posted pics of these, but I've had them for a while...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. nevermore

nevermore Member

I got mine in 2010 so I don't know how they're different now, but the AW3000 is the nicest acoustic I've played. It really sounds and feels awesome. No I haven't played the 3050, but I imagine it would be pretty similar to mine and thus equally good.

13. warped

warped Member

My KxK Baritone 7 (now with BKP Painkillers in bridge/neck):
    [​IMG]

14. jmannik

jmannik Member

I ordered a guitar to be built for me by a company called gordon-smith guitars in the UK. (aaron barrett from reel big fish plays the same model guitar). I got the email saying it is finally finished being built. This guitar is hand made by John Smith, his wife handles the paperwork side of things. It is beautiful, i cant wait till it arrives and i can play it. This pic was taken just before it was packed to be sent to me. Ill post more pics once it finally arrives

Click to view full size!

15. Eagles84

Eagles84 Member

Click to view full size!

This my first post on OCAU so I thought I'd introduce my little darling Sophia.
    She is a PRS/gibson double cutaway hybrid from LAG. I've replaced all the pots and the toggle switch. It's still wired in an standard 3 way setup. I've moved the tone control to the top because it's the one I fiddle with the most. volume's had to moved so they correspond with the correct pickup.

I play a lot of Jazz and Fushion and I'd like to put a high gain dimazio (for some Gambale-esque solos) in the bridge and a warmer (possible even a wide single coil) in the neck.
    Has anyone ever tried a configuration like this? I never have the selector in the middle and I usually have D'Addario flat wounds on it.

16. jmannik

jmannik Member

Thought of trying a gibson p94 in the neck? that would cover the single coil thing. yeah lots of people have done the single coil neck humbucker in the bridge thing. my jaguar has just that, a seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge and the stock fender jag pickup in the neck

17. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

John smith... Sounds made up.

:p

19. jmannik

jmannik Member

I know, check their website though :p http://www.gordonsmithguitars.com/about.php

On the topic of that guitar it cost $430 in import costs to get it released by customs :( a lot more than i was expecting bringing the total cost of the guitar to $2310

20. Roj X Mugwump

Roj X Mugwump Member

Ok so I was moving some stuff around in my room and thought I'd take some quickie shots and post 'em up... *also an excuse to try out a new HDR+ camera app I got for my phone :thumbup:*

This is a Samick 335 - nfi what the pups are, they aren't wired to anything this is purely accoustic... One of these days imma gunna get one of them fancy pants humbucker sized p-90s and a super distortion for the bridge for some QOTSA action...

[​IMG]

Epi SG special - bought this as a cheapy at a door buster sale a few years ago... rocking little unit!

[​IMG]

Ibby 740 *or something* emg 707 = tasty! definately BAFC! (brutal as fuck ****) love the neck on this, polished it back with 00000 steel wool - beaut!

[​IMG]

This is a warmoth hotrod I put together a few years back, had a spare usa fender neck lying around and found this body in the specials bin at warmoth... Fender CS69 pups ROCK TEH BIATCH!

[​IMG]

Ibby 1540 *or something* - floyd rose replacement on this badboy = AWESOMESAUCE! superdistortions in neck and bridge = rock-tastic!

[​IMG]

Scherkcter hellraiser - *BOOM* emg 81/85 oiled up and shredding by itself!

[​IMG]

BC Rich stealth (chuck scheindilererlerl sig model) - FUCKING EPIC KIT!!! 1 x di marzio XN2 pup = FACE MELTING AT 50 PACES!

[​IMG]

Next up is a handmade jobbie - I made this back in '09 (i think) tassie blackwood body, flame maple veneer, flame maple fretboard, hockey stick headstock, emg 81/85 and full floyd rose = drooooooool muthafucker! ultimate shred machine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Throwabout little jap squier strat - replaced the bridge with a spare usa block, callahan saddles... tasty bit of kit... thiking about lace sensor golds in the next year ala the clapton strat of a few years ago...

[​IMG]

Everyone HAS to have a dimebag -

[​IMG]

This is a 1963 Sakai SG that I refinished a few years back, di marzio super distortions for both pups and this thing FUCKING ROCKS! the faux bigsby isn't too shabby either

[​IMG]

Last up - sort of a frankentele - usa fender, callahan bridge, new pups and the cobra badge ;) I'm soon to replace the neck with a john5 sig tele neck I got cheap on ebay...

[​IMG]