show me your Guitars

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by karl, Jun 12, 2002.

1. broccoli

broccoli Member

:D It must be hard for those with quality instruments and little kids.

2. Perko

Perko Member

You just have to choose the one that you want to have a relic finish on :Paranoid:

As an aside, that Navigator Strat is a '76, and judging by how the finish is starting to look distressed around the pickguard just in the short time I've had it, I'd say it's virtually unplayed. Super thin nitro on ash without grain filler - so nice.

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

I could easily go nuts buying guitars. Luckily I've no room, or there'd be no stopping me. Some of the craftsmanship is so beautiful, just to look at.

4. Perko

Perko Member

I always sort of thought I'd aim to have a collection with one of each type of the "classics" but cull a few out. I've played 2 SGs that I've loved, and a hundred that I've disliked, I have access to a couple of white falcons and a silver falcon, so it was really L.P., strat, Tele, a nice acoustic and a shredder for old habits. I ended up with two Teles, but they're very different to each other, so I can justify that to myself if I don't critique the justification too much lol.

5. Ubermarshall

Ubermarshall Member

Nothing fancy here.
    Right to left:
    1998 Peavey Wolfgang special, Charvel San Dimas style 1 mim, Yamaha cpx-8 and a 1970's Stella (Japanese) 3/4 scale classical.
    Sorry about the photo quality, stay away from the new Xperia folks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Bold Eagle likes this.
  6. slashrox

slashrox Member

Bought myself a late birthday present yesterday. 2017 Fender Stratocaster (American Professional Series). First guitar in a long time that I have not been able to put down without forcing myself to, and first guitar without a humbucker in the bridge position since my first guitar (Squier Strat). This thing sounds absolutely amazing!! Apparently this is one of the last production models with rosewood fingerboards.

Aparently the image tags are not working at the moment, so here is a link to the photo. https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avn3nX6t8WbciUrV9HSJanDPWehQ

alexb618 and Ubermarshall like this.
  7. DUS x SSJ4 x

DUS x SSJ4 x Member

These photos are pretty old. Was still living at home at the time. But I think the only thing thats changed is the Cab.

Pretty obvious who my main influence is :p

- 1984 Gibson explorer.
    - Series 1 LTD Snakebyte James Hetfield sig. I bought this in San Francisco in 2011 when I was there for the 30th anniversary Metallica shows.
    - Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 this maybe the best gear purchase I have made its perfect in every way. Just amazing.
    - 2x12 Harley Benton Cab with v30's SOLD, now use a line 6 4x12 with v30s that I got for peanuts. Ill build a custom cab one day.
    - Used to have a full pedal board. But the Boogie sounds so good on its own it literally needs nothing.

IMG_2210_zps3e34457f.jpg IMG_2206_zpse59eff87.jpg IMG_2207_zps7b2cb852.jpg IMG_2211_zps410451b5.jpg

ThE_BiG_O, Perko and Ubermarshall like this.