show me your Guitars

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by karl, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Radley

Radley Member

Just consider it a battle scar like buckle rash :) From what I have read, you can use any wall hanger but wrap the arms in cotton or felt and it should be fine.

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

As far as I know, it's that spongy stuff that reacts with the varnish

3. Perko

Perko Member

Usually they're all stabilised to a certain degree, it's probably less of an issue down here, as the heat can play a part in it. One of the guys kept his VOS R8 way too close to a woodheater, for example.

4. Blackstar1099

Blackstar1099 Member

I use Hercules wall mounts and they don't cause any issues with my Gibsons with nitro or the guitars I've finished myself. Highly recommend them. They even hold my Ormsby hype with it's headstock shape. I don't own their floor stands but I'm pretty sure they use the same foam so they'd be fine too.

Perko likes this.
  5. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

[​IMG]
    Ibanez Prestige RG752MFS-VFD

Ethan W, Perko and Bold Eagle like this.
  6. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Resized_20190410_095029_3.jpeg

Picked up this lovely lass last week. 2014 Epi LP Ultra. Basically not been played.

7. bangmango

bangmango Member

All these guitars are kinder like "showroom Queens" U need to play it ,ha ha,not too many shows ones with gigs/battle scars lol

8. tonner78

tonner78 Member

This one will get some play time from me :)

9. Perko

Perko Member

All of mine are pretty shredded. Not always easy to show up dings and fretboard pitting in phone photos unless you're trying to show off your street cred relic job.

10. bangmango

bangmango Member

What neck on the 2014 Epi LP Ultra ,60's slimmer or Fifties Fatter style tonner78 ?
    And yeah Perko some do pay a bit for "customs" relic jobs..lol..just look at all those Fenders high price range,
    where relicing seem to have to pay more,though don't see too many "Gibsons type" heavy relics going around !
    Nothing wrong with Unplayed guitar,they always be show queen,just be good to see some "well played" guitars..

11. tonner78

tonner78 Member

I'm a noob soz, no idea which neck it is... Which is better?

Seems fairly slim I would have thought?

12. bangmango

bangmango Member

Well Les Paul type guitars have a lot of different necks,slims fats in between etc..just what you prefer or like.
    the best ones is what suits you..lol some players have big hands,small hands in between etc..long fingers and so on..

13. ndt

ndt Member

I've come around to relicing in recent years, I wouldn't do it to a super expensive guitar or something with a nice top on it tho, maybe like a MIM strat or something. Fender do seem to only offer the heavy relic guitars at the custom shop level. They have started offering some road worn MIM guitars tho. ESP do some cheapish distressed EC's and vipers too.

14. Perko

Perko Member

The violin/unfilled nitro on my navigator strat has come off hard in the normal spots. The trouble(?) with newer fender stuff is that unless you're chipping the finish, you won't wear it off, because poly doesn't really rub away like nitro. Fretboard wear is a whole other kettle of fish too. It's hard to do it and make it look natural on maple, and unless you look closely you can't tell on rosewood. My LP is almost scalloped from 1-12 in places, but the rest of the guitar looks pretty immaculate other than checking you'd expect on a 40 year old guitar.

If you want natural relic, you have to buy vintage these days as nitro goes out, so that's why I think fender and other smaller luthiers have seen the gap and gone for it. I don't have an issue with it myself unless it's some poser a-hole that never plays and it's obvious.

15. ndt

ndt Member

Yeah, I've heard Nitro finishes wear better. sydneyguitarsetups actually sells Fender colour, nitro finishes in rattle cans.

16. Perko

Perko Member

Interesting. Might get a Strat with a stuffed finish and paint one up surf green.

17. ex4n

ex4n Member

Got a new addition to my 'collection' this weekend, traded for an amp I bought earlier this year and rarely used. Was trying to sell it but someone offered me this trade and I think I did alright out of it. It's an RGAIX6FM.

[​IMG]

Was trying to sell the aforementioned amp to get one of these, so with it gone decided to get one anyway as they are not super expensive, and have heard nothing but good things about these, so far, enjoying it.

[​IMG]

Since this is the 'show me your guitars' thread and I don't think I've posted here before, this is the full collection. The strat at the front is still my favourite.

[​IMG]

Technically the back 2 aren't mine, but I'm the only one who really plays them.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  18. broccoli

broccoli Member

that's what I've got, what size is yours?

19. ex4n

ex4n Member

How do you find it? I just got the 50w as I just plan to use it for practice.

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, mine's the 50w as well, I just put it on 25w though to save power. (not that I turn it on much)

It's fine the fellow in the shop recommended it. It's not huge as far as amps go, but I'd like to get rid of it and get one of those yamaha mini-amps instead. I've got it in my bedroom, so it's a bit taking up space for no reason.