show me your Guitars

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by karl, Jun 12, 2002.

1. ex4n

ex4n Member

I've just been using mine on 0.5w, plenty loud enough. I would have bought yours if it was up for sale! If it would encourage you to use it more, I got an app on my phone (android app store) which is unofficial, but allows me to fully tweak everything you can tweak in the tone studio/librarian editor, and also some extra features which are unlocked. Easier than getting out my laptop to tweak tones and stuff.

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Maybe that's what I've got it on, I dunno.... :D
    I've never gotten around to fiddling with anything on it. It's fair to say it's all wasted on me...

3. Perko

Perko Member

I got the Katana Mini for my son for his birthday, (stop him burning my damn tubes out and scaring the pets with the Splawn), it's pretty decent, far better than any practice amps we had when I was learning.

4. ex4n

ex4n Member

So far I'm loving the Katana 50, found so many resources online about getting a great variety of tones out of it, currently easily exceeds my playing ability and should last me quite a while.

5. broccoli

broccoli Member

me too :D
    I did find the info online, but I only got so far in figuring out how to get it onto the amp itself, and gave up because I don't really need it. I can imagine it could save a lot of time and effort using what somebody else has created, if you are looking for something specific.

6. Perko

Perko Member

Digital modelling's the way of the future, at least in the practice room and on the road, if not the studio. I reckon your average digital rig's beyond pretty much everyone's playing ability with the range they can achieve!

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

So does anyone upload or jam with 'wikiloops' sessions/sound tracks?

8. Perko

Perko Member

I've looked at using them for jamming, but I've never gotten around to more than a cursory look at. If I had time I'd probably make some, it's super helpful for guitarists of all levels learning how to improv and write solos.

9. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

Picked this up the other day.
    Epiphone Limited Edition Lzzy Hale Signature Series Explorer - apparently 1 of 6 that were brought into the country (initial shipment, probably more coming).

Attached Files:

10. broccoli

broccoli Member

Looks nice, how does it play?

11. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

I don't know. I can't play guitar - yet.

I bought it as a collectible (not expecting it to appreciate), but now that I've got it I am considering learning how to play.

12. Radley

Radley Member

God dammit I've been searching for them for MONTHS. I don't think they're limited though, just in the early stages of release. How much did you pay?
    I've been trying to offload my BC Rich JR-V7 to pay for this explorer but haven't had any luck.

13. broccoli

broccoli Member

Definitely! (but don't use your good guitar, you'll need another one.... )

(enabler, who, me?) :D

14. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

I saw a post on Lzzy's Facebook page announcing it and just googled Epiphone Melbourne (as their find a dealer page is broken for Australia), found a dealer and dropped in the next weekend asked if they could get it, they confirmed it the next week and I put a deposit down. Said it would be in around August, then last week I get a call saying it is in now, so picked it up on Friday. I paid $1,300, considering it is meant to be US$899, I think that's reasonable. Pretty sure it is a limited edition, just not "that" limited, as in it won't remain a catalogue item for long - she's had a couple of different explorers (both Gibson) so far that you can't order anymore, so I'm treating it that vein.

15. Radley

Radley Member

I've been keen for the Gibson ones for a while now and even them watched on Reverb, but they rarely pop up. $1300 is a great price for it, I should try move my BC Rich a bit harder and I could easily get the Epi. I don't even like Halestorm, I just think the guitar looks awesome.