1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

show me your Guitars

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by karl, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Bennys4mg

Bennys4mg Member

i dont own an axe but id VERY MUCH like one of these
    [​IMG]

and id also like to be able to play it like the guy who has his sig on it (dime from pantera for NE1 who doesnt know)

2. Fred Nurk

Fred Nurk Member

I have a Fender Gemini acoustic. I love the thing, its the most awesome acoustic I have ever played. It has super high action and a club neck, and spends most of its time tuned down 1 1/2 to 2 steps, with 13 - 56s. Low end clarity at those tunings is unreal.

I also have a cheap GT bass thats reasonable, and a real shitty peavey electric.

3. Major Neb

Major Neb Member

We have a few in our house.

I have a 12 string Eko Steel String Acoustic circa 1970. Beautiful tone and loud! Weighs a tonne!
    I just bought my wife a silver Ibanez RG470. Great all round electric!
    My step daughter has a generic Samick Nylon Acoustic.
    My step son has a generic Ibanez electric with a 100w Peavey Quad Box and Head.(The one used by Deep Purple in their last tour incedently)

I really want a bass too, as thats what I used to play in High School. Anyone got one floating around in Perth, let me know...

4. Unregisturd

Unregisturd Member

I'm saving my pennies for a Messenger upright bass...

[​IMG]

At the moment I just have some cheap $300 4 string electric. Sold my cheap electric guitar... we've got a couple of nice old nylon string acoustic guitars in the house, and a yamaha steel string acoustic.

Oh and a couple of violins , one is 90 years old, the other at least 183 years old (needless to say we can't quite read all the writing inside it :)).

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

I have a Yamaha RGX312 (very yellow :( ) which I tune to B and play in a deathmetal band. (fitted with a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck humbucker)

I still have my first guitar, a no-name strat copy with a surprisingly nice neck. (with a Seymour Duncan hotrails)

Also used to have an Epiphone Les Paul but I hated it.

Now trying to save my pennies to buy an ESP FS 200. (lots of pennies)

6. NankstaH

NankstaH Member

[​IMG]

thats my baby :)

Fender SG 14S

spruce top blah blah stuff stuff :)

my electric is a cheapy but weighs a ton. its pretty crap but you get a decent phat sound. I need to take it in and get the pickups fixed though as one of em has an earth leak and hums like a bitch

7. andrew

andrew Member

I got 2

1. An Aria Les-Paul copy with a DiMarzio humbucker at the bridge. Made in the mid 70's. I got it in pieces, absolutely in pieces (neck off, no tuners, electronics in bits etc) and re-assembled it myself. Its been to the shop once or twice to be set-up/maintained. Not a bad guitar. I recently stuck a roland GI-10 midi pickup on it, now I use it a fair bit for sequencing synths.

2. A relatively recent purchase

[​IMG]

A Seagull S6+CW burst with LR Baggs electronics. A nice guitar, if a little bright. I find it just right with Plectrum strings (which are more mellow than your run of the mill strings).

If in the market for a Maton, give the Seagull a try as well (it beat the Matons at the same price for me).

a

8. KudOZ

KudOZ Member

[​IMG]

This is the guitar I currently have, though mine has a black scratchplate... costs about $600 new but I got one in mint condition for $285! I'm currently doing music at nirimba tafe at quakers hill in sydney...

9. gfitzpat

gfitzpat Member

'72 telecaster, twin humbuckers sunburst, maple neck .. picked it up for $200 in 1976.

best guitar ever played was an acoustic washburn, had a $900 price tag in 1971, who knows what it would be worth now.

10. HoldenAngel

HoldenAngel Member

I have a Takamine GX 200. They are one of the few solid body electric guitars that Takamine made. I will post a pic when I get home.

Edit: This is my baby[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2002
  11. gfitzpat

gfitzpat Member

oh yeah on the subject of Maton's my little brother used to play a wildcat .....

totally mad guitar, came out about 1973 and only about 100 or so made, engraved solid brass scratchplate and this crazy pickup arrangement

3 humbuckers with the coils split and switched so you could flip one half of each humbucker out of phase with the other, it could sound like a SG or a les paul or a strat depending on how it was switched. with the right settings it had zero sustain evry note just chopped, really funky

when it worked was radical !!

12. Mr Bit

Mr Bit Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

fender jag reissue. seymour duncan single coil and seymour duncan humbucker at bridge. gibson tunamatic bridge.
    high action with finger busting strings, an ultimate thrash machine.

very loud, very raucous

13. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

I got a Blue Aria Pro 2 strat style with a Khaler trem system on it - this was my first guitar that I got when I was 15.
    I used to own a white '81 Gibson Les Paul Studio model electric, but I sold it (regretfully) to buy a vintage white Fender American standard strat.
    Then I won a Sunburst mexican std strat autographed by Bon Jovi about a month after buying the white one.
    Recently I picked up an Epiphone Les Paul coz I missed having the option to play something with mecca sustain!
    A while back I also bought a red Kramer US made electric, which is over at my friends place.
    Acoustic wise I have 2. A Maton 808 style elec/acoustic that I had custom made for me by Neville at Maton in Melbourne (its sweet)
    And 2nd is a 1975 Ovation Legend. Used to be owned by a famous Aussie musician who unfortunately died over ten years ago now. I have a moral duty to play that one right! Its amazing that the guitar is older than me too and still plays beautifully!!

I also have a Trace Elliot 80W twin12 ampd, and a digitech RP10 effects unit. Oh yes, and a JD wah (of course).

Luv to give yous some pics but I dont have a digital camera, I bought the Epiphone instead! lol:D

14. KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Didn't bring mine down to Sydney, but I can use an Ovation any time I want... =)

Nice guitars, bit hard to balance for extended periods on the lap, but doable..

15. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

yeah tru, the round backs do tend to slide off your legs. Depends a bit on whether you're playing a deep or a shallow bowl one too. Mines a deep bowl so it stays a little better, but Ive played a shallow bowl and they are hard to keep on your legs. Great for on stage tho. really easy with a strap.

16. Konni

Konni Member

That's mine:
    It's a Gibson SG replica from Epiphone.
    [​IMG]

Best regards
    Konni

17. Kurt

Kurt Member

Not as bad as a flying V or an explorer!

18. KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Kurt: Trust me, I've used a Jackson 'V' or was it an 'A'? as well... it was blardy impossible to balance... but standing up, those guitars ROCK!!!!

waah waahh wahhh!!!!!!! :D

19. Kurt

Kurt Member

Our bass player uses a V, but he's a rockstar.
    Our other guitarist has an Explorer and a Warlock, he wants to be a rock star.

I'm happy to play a real guitar shape :p

20. Rik

Rik AWOL

I'm about to learn guitar (again :rolleyes: I forgot everything I was taught at school)
    And only this week went out and bought myself a Samick, its a knockoff of the warlock shape, very metal :D (although the first thing my friend said when he saw it was "looks rather Gene Simmons)