Show us your 2D/3D/4D work

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Digital Art' started by KANNIS, Jul 24, 2020.

1. KANNIS

KANNIS Member

Not sure if there is a consolidated thread on digital work members are working on so I thought it might be good to see what your currently working on in here.

Post pics and discuss which software you are capable of using.

I'll have some images next week after I finish the job I'm working on

2. kilebantick

kilebantick Member

Recently jumped back into blender.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

clonex and KANNIS like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    KANNIS

KANNIS Member

Mate that is awesome. Gee renders have come a long way now days. I started rendering on Rhino3D 15 years ago.
    Now progressed into more technical work for government and private sector.

Here is a recent Electricity Substation job I completed on Autodesk Revit.
    Full documentation and coordination with consultants from Sketch, REF, Tender and Construction.
    Very technical work but I love it. 3D images are not glamorous but these jobs do not require a proper render.

Enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

WALLS OFF:

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

4. kilebantick

kilebantick Member

Thanks for the kind words mate.

Damn that is impressive man. I can throw a little artistic flare at my projects but couldn't even in a lifetime be as technical or as accurate as that. That's unreal.
    I truly don't envy all of that pipe work hahaha.

KANNIS likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    KANNIS

KANNIS Member

Cheers dude :)

Those pipes are electrical conduits (running underground)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  6. proffesso

proffesso Member

7. Vishula Gamaetige

Vishula Gamaetige Member

this is so professional. good job sir or ma'm

KANNIS likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    KANNIS

KANNIS Member

9. theshopfloor

theshopfloor New Member

I'm a CAD designer who does the whole 3D design and 2D documentation for steel work in the commercial construction industry, and I also do a lot of 3D rendering to sell the jobs at Tender stage etc. So when it came time to upgrade the workstation, I figured I should really model the exact parts I'm buying so that I can work out my watercooling loop in advance. Then I can render it all up at high resolution because why not?

Here's a few images below of how it should look finished. The beauty of it was is my 3090 came the day I was ready to start actually rendering this up and the card got to render itself, watercooled, while still on aircooling. For anyone who says 24Gb of ram on a card is overkill, these full PC images below used 21Gb rendering on the GPU..

Modelled in AutoCAD and Rendered in Keyshot 9

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    clonex, KANNIS and SSJ4 like this.
  10. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I havent got anything recent to share. But here are some time lapses of a wheel I did years ago. I am an Industrial Designer in Melbourne. Worked for Ford, Ramler (furniture), Kube Systems (Electronics), Staging Connections (Event production: I would do photoshop and CAD renders of big events), Currently with Alpine Electronics doing fascias, brackets and general RnD.

And here are some renders of the kitchen table, bench seats and kitchen island I designed and built for my family. I don't have any nice photos of the final products. But they have been awesome to have and are rock solid. I got them CNC cut out of marine grand ply. I finished them by hand and there are no fasteners what so ever. Joins are so tight that I could have gotten away with glue. But I used glue anyway haha.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/just...els-touched-activity-6419423498082615296-kBc9

KANNIS likes this.
  11. cvidler

cvidler Member

wow, some cool stuff in there. I'm out of the league here.

I do some modelling, to end up as a 3D print, or carbon/sheet metal fab. no fancy renders, definitely not for artistic goals.

use FreeCAD (and some Sketchup in the past).

12. OP
    OP
    KANNIS

KANNIS Member

I know. Rendering these days are out of this world. I remember using Rhino3D in 2001 trying to render a fruit bowl. Turned out pretty good, took me ages to get the free form mesh to have all random bumps like a fruit. lol.

clonex likes this.
  13. cvidler

cvidler Member

lastest doo-dad
    [​IMG]

irl
    it's a bracket made to hold the PCV system to the rocker cover on the GT, I replaced the plastic system which bolted down, with some AN fittings (and a catch can - the prime reason to replace it) but despite sitting there nicely, would leak some oil vapour making a mess. now it's bolted down. some pretty tight tolerances to deal with. bent from 1mm aluminium bar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a 3d print project, a mount for a 10" tablet and raspberry pi + shift light LED strip for my Forza set up.

this model needs to be printed yet, but includes mounts for the Pi and LEDs.
    [​IMG]

Previous model already printed without the Pi/LED considered.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KANNIS likes this.