Show Us Your Android Homescreens

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, May 5, 2011.

1. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Let's see what your homescreen(s) looks like!

If you don't already have a program to take screenshots I suggest Shootme. After you run it you just shake your phone to save a screenshot to the SD\ShootMe folder. Phone needs to be rooted to use this app.

To help other users, name what your widgets/apps/backgrounds are and if you can really be bothered, provide links and say why you use them.

My animated background:
    Blue Skies Live Wallpaper

My leftmost homescreen is just my commonly used apps plus a torch.
    GDocs - I miss Microsoft Office on my Windows Mobile but now I just have all of my documents in Google Docs and use this program to view/edit/sync with it. Free, meaning I don't have to pay to be able to edit a document (which seems to be a common theme on Android apps)
    QuickPic - Great alternative to the included Gallery as this is MUCH faster and has all the same features (can still share media as well)
    Pocket - Holds all of my credit card/password/whatever info and syncs it with Dropbox
    Cheap Parking - Fantastic app that allows you to input an address/area and a time and it will show you on a map or in a list in order of distance or price, all the parking nearby and how much it will cost you
    FuelLog - Fuel mileage app with lots of graphs/statistics. Handy for me because it can do gallons/litres/miles/kilometres or any combination of these (I have a car with miles)

[​IMG]

My middle and main screen has the things I use constantly.
    Top to bottom:
    Smooth Calendar - Simple, compact and customisable
    World Forecast Clock Widget - Lots of different visuals/styles/sizes. I use them as a timezone calculator rather than weather.
    Power Control widget - Easily toggle common functions

[​IMG]

My right hand homescreen is where I go for items that are updated/refreshed and gives me a quick overview of them:
    Ministocks - Mine is free but it looks like only the PRO is available now. Simple, customisable, easy to read
    BirthdayInfo Widget - Pulls the birthdays/anniversaries from your local contacts and displays them in a list with the date of the event and their age/anniversary number. Opening the widget displays all of your contacts and their birthdays/age
    2 x Quota - Has all Australian internet/mobile companies and pulls your quota information from them. Widget can be customised to show bars or data left/used. More accurate than using something that resides on your phone to measure data usage as it gets the information from your provider and can be used for your internet provider too.

[​IMG]

2. alexb618

alexb618 Member

i like that TPG data/cost widget, wonder if there is one for telstra...!

edit just had a look at quota... nice

3. hak

hak Member

you're in luck it works on all aussie telcos, app is QUOTA

4. zach

zach (Banned or Deleted)

Mine: <3 sense 2.1
    Widgets - Calendr & SiMi Clock.
    Dock & Icons - Made myself
    Launcher Pro, Sense one was running like a dog.
    [​IMG]
    Will have to grab that QUOTA widget, cheers :thumbup:

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  5. chokeeweebee

chokeeweebee Member

Phone: Xperia x10i
    rom: zdidhu 2.2 froyo with a cyanogenmod theme on top of it
    I'm currently using launcherpro plus, its where the scrollable facebook and calendar widgets come from.
    [​IMG]
    text widgets are minimalistic text widgets, (all the widgets on this screen)
    The browsers folder popping up from the dock is simi folders used in conjunction with the swipe gesture icon feature of launcher pro.
    So if i want to launch the default browser i just tap on the internet explorer icon but if i want to launch opera i first swipe the ie icon upwards or downwards and then choose the opera icon from the pop-up.

[​IMG]

settings and toggles page, also where i keep two widgets that predict and display my phones current battery life and internet usage (its battery diviner and 3g watchdog if your wondering)

[​IMG]
    GIANT SCROLLING FACEBOOK WIDGET!
    Ok i'll admit it, i am a moderate facebook addict, and having this widget saves me the 5 seconds the facebook app takes to load up all my mates statuses.

covering it right now is simi folders yet again which pops up from tapping games in the dock, in case your wondering how the docks icons changed its scrollable another plus for launcherpro :leet:

[​IMG]

And finally the weather widgets, top weather forecasts is beautiful widgets which i liked back when i thought htc widgets were awesome, as it pretty much is an htc clock and weather widget clone that is skinnable, bottom temperature graph is aix weather, its good as it informs what time it will rain today, if it does rain today.

calendar widget is launcherpro plus again, it scrolls and allows you to view your events within the widget, but adding another event pretty much opens an app.

So any critiques on how ugly green my wallpaper is and what i should replace it with? :lol:

6. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Oooh I like that Facebook widget. Addict here too!

I'm always amazed how fascinated people are by the weather and having to have it on their phone :)

7. chokeeweebee

chokeeweebee Member

lol, us non-car users, and those of us stuck with the misfortune of not owning a clothesdryer still have a part of our lives controlled by the whims of the weather gods.

And just a question but i do wonder if there a variation of the blue-skies live wallpaper that changes to the storm live wallpaper if there is a rain forecasted for today? :lol: yeah i know i'm also weather obsessed :D

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  8. monkeymagic

monkeymagic Member

9. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

chokeeweebee; How do you get the rounded edges and the bottom style dock? I can't seem to change the dock in LPP except the background and icons.

10. chokeeweebee

chokeeweebee Member

magyar;
    1. save this file inside your phone http://i.imgur.com/TPpNZ.png
    2. in your homescreen in launcherpro, go to prefrences
    3. tap on appearance settings
    4. tap on dock background and a pop up will appear!
    5. choose custom, wait for the gallery app to appear, and then navigate to the dock background file you've saved earlier.

11. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Cheers, I recall downloading the images in the past, but now with the purchased version it's heaps better, I do however like the combo you have with the icons. Also that AIX doesn't work for me, I can't add it as a widget.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  12. $3@N

$3@N (Banned or Deleted)

13. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Added a new app called Colorize that has lots of widgets:

There are widgets in Colorize Widget
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    - Agenda