Show us your monitor setup

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by ACodingFettish, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ACodingFettish

ACodingFettish Member

I've searched for the last 10 minutes to try and find a thread on this, closest I could find was ones talking specifically about monitor stands. Feel free to link me to an existing thread though if you like. I figure with eyefinity and vid cards that can support 4+ monitors surely there's some awesome screen setups people use on an everyday basis.

Would be great to see a pic of your setup, and an explanation of what you use it for (gaming, trading, programming etc)

I haven't tried eyefinity yet (need a 3rd 24" monitor to make it good I'd think) but here's my setup to kick things off, I use it mainly for coding, but it's useful for watching the financial markets as well.
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't have set out to make this setup but the 17" screens were pretty much free so I've made use of it. Comes in handier than I thought it would.

2. SirPNut

SirPNut Member

3. _the_duke_

_the_duke_ (Taking a Break)

4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

bad quality, had to use my iphone

30 inch flanked by 2x20's in portrait

30 inch used for gaming, 20's are just for additional desktop use

I think for me it's the best of both worlds - I get a resolution of 4960x1600 on desktop, and for gaming I just use my center 30 inch and turn the flanking monitors off. I prefer gaming on a single monitor rather than multi as bezels shit me, so I think this setup works better for me than eyefinity.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  5. flu!d

flu!d Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS

[​IMG]

Love my NVS setup.:thumbup:

6. Smakked

Smakked Member

7. elisiX

elisiX Member

[​IMG]

Latest.. taken with iPhone.

8. BeanerSA

BeanerSA Member

for someone who once posted "i would post a pic of my work but not sure if i would be allowed", there's no stopping you now!!

9. OP
    OP
    ACodingFettish

ACodingFettish Member

ah I see, I was mostly using the google search engine, though I'm sure I tried show us your desktop on the vbulletin one that indexes the pub, oh well.

@cyrax83 nice setup, love the symmetry (and the 30" monitor!)

@smakked, what do you do for a living? surveilance? tv editing?

10. Smakked

Smakked Member

lol yeah its all ok apparently :p

11. Southead

Southead Member

[​IMG]

Bit of a dodgy photo but yeah thats my 2x23's

12. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

heres mine, used for mainly gaming and watching movies, listening to music, some pr0n ect

[​IMG]

98% of the time its only gaming, laptop is used for most stuff except music.

13. darren42

darren42 Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  14. AussieSausage

hey how did you get diffrent pics on the monitors like that?

:)

15. darren42

darren42 Member

i use a program called displayfusion (http://www.displayfusion.com/). it allows me to set individual wallpapers for each screen or have one wallpaper span across all three

16. AussieSausage

oh sweet, never knew about that

cheers :thumbup:

17. rg144

rg144 Member

[​IMG]

dell 1908fp | dell 2408wfp | 3x dell 3007wfp-hc | XPS m1710 | lots of pixels :thumbup:

EDIT: If it helps anyone out there using multi-monitor setups on 2 or more pc's-

I use Synergy (http://synergy-foss.org/).. basically a software KVM over ethernet, it allows you to control an unlimited number of screens across an unliminted number of pc's (any operating system) with one keyboard+mouse.

in my case above- i only use the laptop keyboard + mouse conncted to control everything.

as an example- have it setup so that if you move the mouse up from the XPS laptop it goes to the Dell 30 inch directly above (30's are not connected to laptop, they run off the pc below as do all other monitors). then simply move the mouse left - right as normal to access all other screens..

when i wanna come back to work on the lappy i simply move the mouse back to the middle 30" then move down. the keyboard automatically activates on whatever screen the mouse is on.

MaxiVista's also top notch- (http://www.maxivista.com), check out the video on the home page if you havent seen it :thumbup:... havent tried it though as they state support for a max res of only 7680x1600.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  18. Yawnie

Yawnie Member

[​IMG]

slightly diff now but the same monitors

19. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

[​IMG]

I found the best way to get multi desktop wallpapers is to search whatever theme you want in google images.

ie. Ferrari, select the highest image resolution (like 40MP) then photoshop and crop to size.

BTW check out my awesome Bezel compensation!

20. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Hey Sausage! Ultramon is a another nifty utility worth trying. It has a feature where you can save where your desktop icon position are, its great when you switch from extended to eyefinity then all your icons go everywhere.

Mind you, i prefer minimal icons on my desktop. Use a software called "Winstep Nexus Dock" to do the drop down icon scroll thing (Like the Mac OSX has)