Show us your Rack! ;)

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by BOB_LORDOFEVIL, Sep 26, 2006.

1. wwwww

wwwww Member

It's a fraction over 2000W at the wall, so $3700 per year from this.

The only servers there are node servers so they need to be close as they fit in an enclosure (3x SL250s with dual E5 2697 V2s for HyperV, 2x SL230s with dual E5 2630 for shared storage, about 750W all up). Those big things with 25 drives in each up top are just JBOD enclosures.

The node structure saves a lot of heat and power in having only 4 PSUs between them.

"Home setup" is pushing it.

2. power

power Member

that makes sense.

3. Symon

Symon Castigat ridendo mores

Took a photo of my humble rack today, still pretty messy but thought I'd share anyway.

Attached Files:

Pugs likes this.
  4. Doc-of-FC

Doc-of-FC Member

This man farms.

5. Austen

Austen Member

Tell me more !

13 seconds with Google found me the STC-100 on eBay for close to free but how do you mount them ?

Do you mean that you just got an appropriate size Jiffy Box and did some cutting ? On the tin face or the plastic body ? Did it cut neat as a bought one ?

Thanks,

Austen.

6. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Yep, just grab an appropriate sized box and away you go. Yes, you have to cut it yourself and it's going to be as neat as your skills/patience/tools allow. If you're really keen you can probably pick up a fully constructed version from a brew shop (or other place), although it's likely to be far more expensive.

7. Austen

Austen Member

Rack_01.jpg
    Thanks for that. Since found that some people have 3D printed them although waiting until next time Aldi has 3D printers on special and buying one just for this one task seems more than a tad excessive !

In other news, here's mine, clearly still a work in progress and there is more distance between the front of the rack and the wall than there appears to be.

Austen.

8. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

There is a 3d print request thread on the forums. Maybe someone can print you out one?

I have a NAS on order so I am going to have to upgrade the size of my cabinet, or add a floor standing one below the existing. Would love to replace the existing with an old 42RU from work but I don't have the height to fit it where it is.

9. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Though these days if you want a pre-constructed thing it's massively cheaper to just buy an inkbird itc-308, they're like $45 delivered on ebay.

10. Copie

Copie Member

And they work really well. Its what i use for activating the rack fans + the industrial floor fan.