Show us your Rack! ;)

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by BOB_LORDOFEVIL, Sep 26, 2006.

1. bym007

bym007 Member

I have had the Qotom for a while now. Got the i5 version used off someone, who wanted a simpler solution. Their loss my gain.

Have not had any issues with it ever since.

2. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

I can't see any of your pictures.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well we hit 25C here for the first time since last summer and up she fires! :lol:

Working absolutely perfectly. I'd forgotten all about it until the twin engines fired up at lunch time today. Worthwhile purchase. The room is a lot louder now but something I'll just have to deal with in summer.

Gibbon likes this.
  4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

bym007 likes this.
  5. bym007

bym007 Member

Thanks a mil. Finally learnt how to attach images to OCAU, and fixed my posts as well.

elvis likes this.
  6. bym007

bym007 Member

Bonus picture: Cabinet in darkness :lol:

IMG_20200825_185857.jpg

7. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Heh, nice one :D

MR CHILLED likes this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think 25C might be a bit low. What would you have yours set at? I'm thinking maybe 30-35C would be a better temp so it wouldn't on often really.....

9. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Yeah, I was thinking around 30C, probably :thumbup:

MR CHILLED likes this.
  10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I've just upped it to 30C right now and seems to be happy. Might up it a lttle later, just really need it going on the hottest of days. Right now it's not exactly hot. probably inside it's sitting around 27C.

11. bym007

bym007 Member

If the seller is still around, please share the details with me as well. I am always on lookout for goodies.

TiA

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

You're in Melb though? He won't ship, he only sells locally in Adelaide off Gumtree, it's pick up from his place. If you're in Adelaide let me know and I'll share dets.

13. bym007

bym007 Member

I didn't know that. Thanks.

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just a quick FYI (the older one, not sure about the newer one as I haven't tried it yet) only goes up to 30C. So that's where it will sit for me.

Gibbon likes this.
  15. pezzy

pezzy Member

added a cooling fan to mine recently as i noticed it was starting to get toasty in there. the fans are loud. i probably wont be able to keep temps down given how enclosed everything is. and i dont want to go beyond that with fans cooling and moving air in the cupboard. but i want to try and not have the fans running too often. ive set it at 40c which i know is high. im thinking of either;

- remove the back panel of the rack. but not sure if that would make any difference to air flow, or possibly make it worse. the rack isn't mounted on the wall so there is space between the wall and the rack at the moment.
    - i can move the items sitting on the tray out of the rack. they will still be in the cupboard, just not inside the rack. the nbn modem and usg run quite warm.

given the limitations, which would be the better idea? or just leave it and live with the noisy fans when they turn on?

today is a cool day. this thing is gonna burst into flames in the middle of summer lol. ill probably move the tray one nut down to give a little more space between the tray items and the switch.
    [​IMG]

th3_hawk and MR CHILLED like this.
  16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Removing a panel will most definitely help. Helped get my internal temps back down to less than 30C the other day which means the two 140mm case fans stopped and I could hear again :p

You have two 140's running on the case?

Is that a temp gauge device at the bottom? Or some sort of temp gauge fan controller?

17. bym007

bym007 Member

Interested to know which fan have you added there.

18. cvidler

cvidler Member

need ventilation in/out, otherwise you're just pushing ever hotter air around the cupboard oven. which will honestly never work - you have to get the heat out.

with fresh in air/hot air out, you can keep the fans turned right down slow - and keep them on, moving air is much better at moving heat than stagnant air.

19. pezzy

pezzy Member

the fan is from 4cabling. its a 2 fan setup (not sure of the size but looks like 140) with temp control. ive set the thing at 40c, so the fans turn on at that temp. they are a little cheaper through their resellers if youre interested in purchasing one.

cant control the fan speeds unfortunately. i might open it up and see if i can disconnect 1 of the fans. i suspect it will still be loud af.

need silent rack solutions like silent pcs lol.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!