Show us your setup.

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by power, Mar 6, 2019.

1. power

power Member

In the same vein as the show us your desktop (your actual desktop) thread, I know some of us would be interested in a tour of your space, photos are good. Videos are betterer because then you can show off your bits and tell us why you chose particular things.

KGO.

2. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Always evolving. I'd love to get some stuff up on the walls, being a rental thats always a bit iffy.

I absolutely have to build a custom desk. The hand me down desk and draws dont cut it anymore haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DSTM (Dougie) likes this.
  3. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Will organise when I get home.
    I've not posted there since 2012, am due to update there too :p I've moved residence and have had multiple desktop changes since.
    I just realised that my photo there doesn't load anymore because it was sourced from my Dropbox account which I since shutdown. I don't think I have the original anymore either.

SSJ4 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I've got to ask, SSJ4 do you ever rock out on stream? that'd be totally acceptable between rounds you know.

SSJ4 likes this.
  5. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Thought about it but I am not good at talking and playing at the same time so it'd make it hard for me to interact with people in the chat. However if someone asked me to play something and I knew it I would. Also I am a pretty poor guitarist I gotta admit :(

6. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

a guy slept on stream, ppl will watch anything!

SSJ4 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

you could take requests from your comments, then pick stuff you know, lol.

8. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Better get alot of Metallica requests cos that don't know much else :p Most of my playing outside of that is my own stuff and noodling.

power likes this.
  9. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Though this suggests I was going to do this last night, I forgot to do so, but more on grounds of I had a somewhat early night.
    I'll get this done tomorrow evening or over the weekend (not that there's any rush for it).

SSJ4 likes this.
  10. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Finally got around to taking the photos.
    Ignore the bits n bobs, in the middle of cleaning up. Not exactly the most organised setup at the moment, but it works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    SSJ4 likes this.
  11. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Megacharizard! I am a big charizard fan boy. I have a big collection of gen 1 base set pokemon cards. Maybe 10 charizards all up.

Whats the next setup goal you have mate?

12. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

The fractal art is awesome. I first started using Haunter. I later found one of Arcanine, but Charizard X looked far better. Alternatively, I have the Arcanine plush from EB, but it's at work.

Not sure yet of my next move. My room is a bit cluttered at the moment, so once I free up some space, something will come to mind.. usually my plans just come to fruition out of the blue. I can be spontaneous.

My next definite goal is to get a new headset. I'm planning on the Corsair Void Pro (wireless).

13. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Could prob do with some cable management if I could be so bold as to offer critique.

Bunnings has Velcro tape and its literally the best shit ever. Couple other management items and you're good to go. Its worth the effort trust me!

14. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Yeah maybe :p

I'm looking at "upgrading" my case. I currently have the Lian-li PC-V354, and am thinking of going for the Thermaltake Core V21 pretty soon, so may get that sorted when that happens, since some of the cabling for my peripherals may require rerouting.

My current setup in any case is not necessarily permanent, it's just in a state of what I feel comfortable with "for now". I might change the configuration.

SSJ4 likes this.
  15. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Cant imagine the Thermaltake case being nicer than your Lian Li case.

16. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Well... I've no need for the optical drive bay anymore, and the V21 has some decent modularity, and from what I can tell it's quite spacious for its size. The V21 can do the motherboard vertically or horizontal. I'm wanting to switch to horizontal. The make of the chassis will also make a big difference for me.

I got the idea when I saw someone on the train the other day carry their "desktop" box in a shopping bag... I thought to myself "... I want to achieve that one day".

17. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

My house move is done. My setup is virtually mirror image now. Nothing special right now. Microphone has been packed away somewhere, but have also since acquired a WIFI adapter, which is a first for me and weird to use it on a desktop... The adapter I got is the Netgear A7000, which will go nicely with my D7000 model, but my parents' place uses a ZTE modem so I won't necessarily be able to do a quick switch on them (yet).

upload_2019-4-7_23-34-15.png

The one other major difference, however, is there is a 40" (I think) wall mounted TV next to my bed, so I might use that for my console gaming.

upload_2019-4-7_23-50-3.png

SSJ4 likes this.
  18. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Moving is never fun. But a perfect opportunity to build your setup again cleanly as possible. I wanna see some epic cable management my dude. Get down to bunnings and get some supplies :D

19. bolex17

bolex17 Member

Me when I stream to all of my 0 viewes :p
    [​IMG]

ShaneHm2, SSJ4 and tracer0 like this.
  20. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Dreamcast! Epic.