SimCity (DRM discussion = ban)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Philll

Philll Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please, for the love of god, don't make a SimCity game for gamepads. Please.

[ HyRax1 edit: For all posters - This thread is for discussion about the GAME SimCity. It is NOT about EA's policies or how they implement DRM. if you want to discuss anything other than the game itself, take it elsewhere. Discussion on any topic that is not about the GAME itself will earn you a 24 hour ban. ]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  2. Zabba

Zabba Member

Awesome news!!

:shock:

3. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

If those graphics are anything to go by, it looks fricken awesome! Loved this series since the original. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

It looks like concept art, like digital paintings

5. Dijm8

Dijm8 Member

if it looks anything like that on release it will be amazing..loved the series right from the start

6. Suddo

Suddo (Banned or Deleted)

So basically we know nothing except for a few useless images which are just concept art.

7. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

"We"? Don't put everyone in your basket of ignorance, for those who actually read it:

• The game is coming, the screens are from an article in a german magazine that will break the news
    • It will be released in 2013
    • Maxis are still developing it
    • It apparently has multiplayer
    • It will have a new graphics engine

8. Suddo

Being released in 2013 is the only thing we really know. The rest are obvious. Of course it's going to have a new graphics engine, of course Maxis will still develop it. 'Apparently' has multiplayer? How about stop hovering around speculation and give us the real facts.

Also, where is the link to all this information?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  9. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

:rolleyes:

That's obvious is it? Do Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 have new graphics engines, one right after the other?

Another 'obvious' thing was it? Because developers never let other studios handle some of their games :rolleyes:

Yes, apparently, as per the original post. Did you enter the thread reading something else? Was it all presented as fact? Have you run out of shit pub threads to troll with that you now have to start in the games forum?

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

whats with the tilt shift lol, looks cool though.

11. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

Here's a (not so great) translation of the article for those who aren't trolling the thread:

12. ThunderbirdMoz

ThunderbirdMoz Member

If the game ships like that the first thing I will do is turn off the stupid bokeh. Its one thing that our eyes see things like that but in gaming it just forces us to see one area only clearly, which takes away the point of having the other parts on screen especially in a rts.

13. bennyg

bennyg Member

Yeah the problem is our eyes can move and refocus in a fraction of a second but in a game it requires you to move something around manually which is annoyingly sloooow

I just hope that this SC will finally have expandable boundaries. So sick of artificial boundaries... can I just buy the land next door and expand... With 6 and 8 core PCs these days maybe this would finally be a game will get close to using all that grunt!

Ultimately, not interested in yet another rework with a few fleshed out features and better gfx. This jaded (old :Paranoid: ?) gamer wants to feel like he's not played it before...

14. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

I'm hoping this isn't going to be another Spore... I've had the itch for some Sim City lately :(

15. Suddo

Lol only messing with you phil. Thought I'd play with you since you're always calling me a troll and think I'm that nickeax guy.

Love this series, can't wait for the next one. Hopefully it doesn't get dumbed down.

16. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

looks good. as long as it doesnt get zapped by the DLC stick.

and hopefully they've moved on from purely land use zoning planning controls to "encourage" development :3

17. tojara69

tojara69 Member

18. Minikeg

Minikeg Member

Well that didnt take so long.. looks fantastic!

19. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

this and the sims are one of my favorite gaming series
    looking forward to it

20. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

The announcement trailer is not actual gameplay but one of those 'Intended look' videos so dont get too fired up about the visuals just yet...