Sipping Muscat in Muscat. What to check out?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Aratama_Bashi, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

hey all

i'm off to muscat. twice! woo! for work. i've found that i'll be there a reasonable while, and will be there across their weekend (fri/sat).

advice on awesome things to check out?? really a big fan of islamic architecture , so obviously visiting some mosques and the like would be good. but i'm also a fan of wandering, especially if there's an old town type area. i'm a huge travel photography person.

so, people who've been there previously, what's the scoop? :)

2. XAJIM

XAJIM Member

The main souk in Muscat is small and nice. The grand mosque is quite spectacular and well worth a look, even driving past it is impressive. If you head out of town, go and check out Nizwa fort, I enjoyed it alot and there's also a souk surrounding it.

3. OP
    OP
    Aratama_Bashi

awesome, thanks xajim... i was worried nobody on ocau had an opinion :weirdo:

4. XAJIM

XAJIM Member

Best thing to do is grab a driver and get him to take you out to visit a few places. I've always found Omanis to be very genuine, honest and happy to share some of the nice parts of their country with foreigners. No highrise buildings either, so you'll get some nice pics of the architecture.

5. Falkor

Falkor Member

I wish I had one, I have always wanted to visit Oman it looks beautiful. So please report back on your experiences and some pics :)

6. OP
    OP
    Aratama_Bashi

for sure :thumbup: and luckily cos i'm going twice i can refine what i do and where i go :weirdo: