Sky Maze

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by FB008, Dec 19, 2008.

1. FB008

FB008 Member

Not happy with drunken shenanigans being the norm for some guys in their 20's, we decided to try something more fun.

Annoyed that we were too big to fit into those uber-cool playgrounds which you could find at your local suburban golden arches (like this), we decided to supersize instead.

During these hours of play, it really is reliving your childhood. But, in a much bigger scale.

The view is free for those who get in first. It goes without saying that it's an offer available only for a limited time.

Secret passageways await you, safe in the knowledge that it's like being behind some interrogation room glass. The peepshow is yours for the taking.

And that ends my non denominational holiday fun fest! So have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Chanukah, a Krazy Kwanzaa, a Tip-Top Tet, and a solemn and meaningful Ramadan.

Happy Holidays if you're a politically correct Yankee

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. wahoo84

wahoo84 Member

lol nice set! May I ask did u break guys break in?? :p

3. Deckham

Deckham Member

No...........

4. Reanimated35

Reanimated35 Member

did you actually stop to consider how dangerous it could have been breaking into a construction site like that? how stupid are you? i mean you could have been seriously injured or even killed if something went wrong in there. and shit, what would the police have thought these days if you were in a construction site at night with cameras? omg i cant believe you were so stupid. those are some excellent shots and i would highly recommend that you do such a thing again soon.

5. spankyofoz

spankyofoz Member

What about Festivus, you insensitive clod!

PS. nice pics!

6. 0oBelialo0

0oBelialo0 Member

Yeah, 1000% agree.

I mean the last thing we want is people pushing the boundaries and actually living! Quick, someone grab the bubble-wrap, I'm feeling exposed.

Oh, and won't someone please think of the children!

Sorry, I'm being unreasonable, but your post was hardly friendly either.

Ben

7. tHRiCe

tHRiCe Member

I think his last sentence sort of negated the rest of his post? Probably just pretending to tell them off :)

8. 0oBelialo0

0oBelialo0 Member

Ug, um.... *looks away sheepishly*

Stupid lack of comprehension. Back to primary school for me. I'll leave my post unedited in the hope that someone learns from my stupidity :lol:

Ben

9. Lardman

Lardman Member

Strongly agree. A+ would read again.

Amazing shots, very nice :)

10. DaRkDwArF

DaRkDwArF Member

Don't forget your helmet, safety googles, hi vis vest, steel toed boots, gas-o-meter and tin foil hat...

11. ][ XpLoiT ][

][ XpLoiT ][ Member

my thoughts whilst reading:

huh, wow angry, hmm cranky, hmmm yeah your right eh, now ur just being rude, go fk off. OHhhhhhhh BAHAHAHAAHAH

12. DeathFlamer

DeathFlamer Member

There are many places like this around... and many people that do things like this. People know the risks and do them anyway. They're obliviously cautious in what they do so that nobody ends up hurt. Accidents can (and have) happened. But if there wasn't such a risk, the photos wouldn't quite have that sense of awe about them ;)

13. Lurk

Lurk Member

I work for a construction company and you guys would be amazed a the precautions that go into making life safe on a job like this. AND WE STILL HAVE DEATHS EVERY YEAR,

Photo 3 breaks pretty much every rule and common sense practice that is put in place on this type of job.

Im not going to get into the right and wrong of it (not my place) but guys these places are not safe and people to die on them on a far too frequent basis. They are great photos but please think again before you put yourself at risk in this way.

And before I get flamed the above comments have nothing to do with bubble wrap, living, or any other sanctimonious crap, Just a word of caution from someone that has seen the injuries and consequences of being on a construction site first hand.

14. pugsley

pugsley Member

That steel rod in the last pic should have a high vis tag on it too, as its obstructing a walkway at an irregular height. :p

Lurk is right though, while the shots are pretty sweet the place is just naturally dangerous. Being the middle of the city im surprised the place wasnt patrolled.

15. tuppaware

tuppaware Member

Your photos are great. Don't care if you broke in to take them.

I was once told by a Photo Journalist that the best photos are taken for the sake of the photographers actions, not the rules that follow him.

I like the shots with people in them. I think you should look into more work like that as it give the background depth.

16. shadowman

shadowman Member

Great shots - I'm a massive fan of pictures of gritty, industrial things - I especially love old broken machinery and broken down places (Opacity.us anyone?), hence my love of your shots of the crane. I've got some old film photos somewhere around back from my school days of shooting with my Canon AE-1, the favourite being an old 10 story building in Perth that was being renovated - I managed to get access to the lift shaft and get some shots, probably some of my best photos.

Agreed. Some of the best photos are taken by people who dare to adventure - just look at the pictures of war photographers, for instance. Why you'd want to put yourself in some god forsaken country, under enemy fire with death so prominent - but they do - for the people and the passion.

17. OP
    OP
    FB008

FB008 Member

okay guys, lets not make this into a OH&S or ethics debate please...

naturally when there's no work being done the risk falls substantially, all that's left is to be cautious and know your limits really...

18. xhanatos

xhanatos Member

.. just be careful out there.. and keep on shooting :thumbup: