SOLVED SLI problem.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by touchwood, Jan 26, 2013.

1. touchwood

touchwood Member

Morning all, I have 2 x gigabyte gtx 680's which I'm trying to get running in SLI without any success. One card has 4Gb of RAM the other has 2Gb, will this stop them from working together? My specs are Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z, FX8150, 16Gb RAM, Toughpower XT 875W. Both cards work fine when installed by themselves and both show up in the device manager when installed together but I don't get the "Enable SLI" option in the nvidia control panel.If anybody is able to help it would be much appreciated :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Those two cards won't work together with the standard drivers and software, they have to be the same model (eg you can have an EVGA and a Gigabyte working together just so long as they are both 2gb or both 4gb)

Cheers,
    Komm

3. DarkForceMage

DarkForceMage Member

You are using the SLI bridge right? :p

Not 100% sure if you can get it working with stock drivers, but you could try swapping the primary card slot.

*Just found out for you, apparently it's not supported without limiting the memory usage in the drivers;

Aaaaaaaand NVM, that FAQ is outdated and apparently coolbits hasnt been updated for awhile..

Other than swapping slots or scouring the net, I would just trade/swap one of the cards to someone with a single card of the vram amount you want, even if you did get 2gb+4gb working it would be limited to 2gb anyway.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. OP
    OP
    touchwood

touchwood Member

Thanks fellas, just went and ordered another 4Gb card :thumbup: