Small NAS = HP Micro Server

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by Stanza, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Blinky

Blinky Member

Please get back to us regarding how that video card fits & functions (maybe take a photo or two?). That was one of my picks too, for a bit of media output.

2. gbh

gbh Member

3. akashra

akashra Member

Hardware manufacturers, take note: This thread is proof that if you price a product at a reasonable level, sales will go bananas.

... which is an ironic analogy, considering that with banana prices being so high currently no-one is buying them.

4. s3kemo

s3kemo Member

No, it makes sense... banana prices are high, so replace the word "bananas" with "high" and it's all good! :cool:

5. Jenx

Jenx Member

Now if only we could find a way to get the UK cashback offer we'd be making a profit!

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/pro...=ex_r135_uk/en/smb/tsg/go_proliantmicroserver

Myself and a workmate ordered 1 each from Dessytek on Thursday morning. Delivered yesterday arvo ftw. Will play spot-the-OCAU-member by keeping an eye open for anyone else lugging them home on the train over the next few days...

edit: order date

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. silenthunter

silenthunter Member

They were probably making a loss on this just to get rid of old stock before the replacement product is released. It RRP'd at $600

7. 5p1k3y

5p1k3y Member

Anybody know if 4k Sector drives work in this unit?
    or if this unit is picky with any hdds in general?

Somebody mentioned to me they dont hm...

8. cuahtemoc

cuahtemoc Member

Just spoke to Megabuy, and even though my 3 orders are all marked as shipped, they're still waiting for the goods to arrive at Megabuy, where they will on ship them to me. So they're expecting delivery by Friday, for a server ordered last thursday, and sometime next week for servers ordered on friday morning.

Would've been less annoying if they'd told me that instead of saying everything had been shipped.

9. fido666

fido666 Member

I waited too long so missed out but maybe that's a good thing. What happens with DOAs or units that go belly up before the warranty expires since they're now discontinued?

If anybody in Melbourne does end up with a spare though I'd be interested :)

10. Igneous

Igneous Member

Interesting, as their 'order processed' e-mail says:-

So they're saying it has to come back to them before they'll ship it, despite a subsequent e-mail saying it has been shipped? Ordered mine late Friday night, so it looks like I'm in for a bit of a wait...

11. ktmrida

ktmrida Member

12. silenthunter

silenthunter Member

Just got an email from MegaBuy saying my order is being processed, after ordering last night, don't rate my chances of getting the hardware, would think it wouldn't be allocated until it'd been processed at which stage it was too late. Lets hope I got my Dessy order in early enough.

13. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

no its not! It is proof that if you are willing to make a loss to get rid of old stock there will be a market if the price is too good to pass up (which this obviously is!)

14. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

I'll let you know as my HDD slot1 doesn't detect HDD's. I submitted my DOA RA replacement to Megabuy Friday and it's pending. I ordered a second one from DesyTek on Friday too just in case. :thumbup:

If worst comes to worst HP will send out a replacement mini sas cable, or even a replacement which they said would take at least 20 days!

I'm sure HP would have a stock of units for replacement if required. They will have stock of replacement parts for sure.

15. Brutus the III

Brutus the III Member

what no drop shipping?

16. Mudhoney

Mudhoney Member

17. Gierke

Gierke Member

Just for reference - my two units from 'Megabuy' came direct from Dicker Data - I believe they call it dropshipping and plenty of places do it.

18. dumpst0r

dumpst0r Member

spewing just got an email to say that my order at dessytek put through on Friday evening didn't make it, if anyone has a spare i'd be interested in buying.

19. Snuffy22

Snuffy22 Member

ordered mine from dessytek on the evening of the 7th, it just arrived via startrack express :)

20. dav3

dav3 Member

Did you pay via credit card?