Small NAS = HP Micro Server

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by Stanza, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Redback

Redback Member

No one. Read the thread.

2. Blinky

Blinky Member

Hmmm, considering it's not doing anything else, I think that I'd be forcing a speedup by setting the minimum speed limit in mdadm.
    BTW creative descriptors on the user and node IDs.... Just testing ATM are we? :p

3. HyRax1

HyRax1 ¡Viva la Resolutión!

I agree, but I'm going to leave it all out-of-the-box standard for now. I want to see how this box performs without any tweaking first because I am going to load it up with other work soon.

Of course! :)

4. MetalPhreak

MetalPhreak Member

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  5. akashra

akashra Member

Took approx 12hrs for me to build a 4x2TB array. When I set up the array with the sectors not aligned, it was building at ~13MB/s. Properly aligned, it came up to between 47MB/s and 70MB/s.
    Reads are anything up to 270MB/s.

I'd guess the 1.3GHz CPU is soldered in though, so there's no upgrade path here.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. Gierke

Gierke Member

Just received shipping notification for the servers which arrived on tuesday :lol:

7. goosmurf

goosmurf Member

Ordered from HBOutlet on Saturday arvo. Delivered yesterday (Wednesday). I'm in their free delivery area (NSW 2121) so my order seemingly got stuck in "Processing, Awaiting for despatch" and one of their employees just showed up at my door. :)

8. DrNick

DrNick Member

If anyone wants to sell one please sing out!!!

Cheers

S

9. MetalPhreak

MetalPhreak Member

Yeah. But going with the rest of my post, what it meant to infer was if the current model is EOL, perhaps they're planning on bring out a new one with the 2.2ghz cpu in it.

10. dav3

dav3 Member

ok now I'm pissed. I just got a reply from dessytek saying that my unit is on backorder and they can't guarantee stock :mad: which is interesting since people who ordered through them after me received their order already

11. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Anyone that ordered late Monday arvo (4pm onwards) got a shipping confirmation yet?

12. Evo6

Evo6 Member

arghhh the courier came this morning and didnt even ring the door bell, what an ass :thumbdn:

I saw him drive off and thought it must have been for next door but checked the mail box to find the ticket

13. danyell

danyell Member

Same here. Ordered and paid dd (same bank) Thursday night. Heaps of other Melbourne orders have delivered that were ordered after mine, according to the reports in this thread. Highly annoyed but doesn't seem like there's much to be done about it... Just take it as a lesson for the future I guess: don't buy from one-man-band backyarders like this guy when stocks are low and time is of the essence.

Tldr; early order wasnt delivered, please pm if you have a 'spare' you don't require, ideally in Melbourne. Cheers! :)

P.s. I have 2 x 2gb micron ecc coming from the states I no longer have use for. If you can wait the week or so for delivery, I will happily sell at face value Inc post of $50 if anyone requires them

14. Azrael

Azrael Member

I ordered and paid via Paypal, no sign of it from Dessytek. Its being delivered to work too, so its always staffed.

15. encode

encode Member

Just got a reply from Dessy with my tracking number, apparently it was on board to be delivered yesterday with couriersplease, but nothing in the mailbox last night.

Why is it so hard for couriers to deliver first time around?

16. mashimus

mashimus Member

:weirdo: Nice numbers! Mind sharing the type of RAM, HDD, OS?

Thanks!

17. Mungoman45

Mungoman45 Member

3 more turned up this morning at work after ordering late Monday afternoon from Megabuy - around 3pm. Ordered with CC. Coordinator ordered after 4pm same day with Direct Deposit & surprisingly got a "shipped" confirmation a day earlier than myself & Manager - but hasn't received anything yet.

18. akashra

akashra Member

Code:
    trowe@hpnas:~$ uname -a
    Linux hpnas 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:24 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    It's running on 8GB (2x4GB) of Kingston CL9 low profile (non-ECC) - the drives in use are the standard Seagate 7200.12 as a boot drive, and 4x 2TB Seagate Greens.

Filesystem is ext4

19. Azrael

Azrael Member

Interesting, some of the other people have been getting theirs via Startrack.

20. yoink

yoink Member

Still looking for a 1gig stick - will pay 15 wing-wangs plus postage :D