Small NAS = HP Micro Server

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by Stanza, Sep 21, 2010.

1. luztra

luztra Member

This morning, I sent off an email to DessyTesk to get a tracking number as my order status was showing as shipped on Monday morning (ordered Sunday afternoon via PayPal). Got a reply within minutes (maybe because I am female and wrote a super nice email :) ?) with my tracking number. Too bad my delivery is not due until 17th March :)thumbdn: for delivery times for WA).

EDIT: It's being shipped via Star Track Express.

2. encode

encode Member

Yeah, delivery in the past is a real downer.

3. Tali

Tali Member

:( Sorry to hear that dav3 :(

On a brighter note, got mine yesterday, got 4x 2TB Samsungs in there, could prolly fit another 2 without too much squeeze...
    Building a Debian Squeeze box, MDADM raid... just gotta learn a bit first as I've never done a mdadm RAID, nor used 4K sector drives in a RAID before.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  4. rmuser

rmuser Member

5. rmuser

rmuser Member

My understanding is that provided you use whole devices rather than partitions for your mdadm RAID members, ie. sdx rather than sdx1, you avoid alignment issues with advanced format 4k sector drives. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I have not yet done a lot of reading because not 100% sure mine will turn up...

6. spedwards

spedwards Member

Possibly already posted, can't remember all 1000+ posts that I've read now...

Megabuy are also listing the HP Microserver Remote Access Card for $65, order in only.

7. Tali

Tali Member

AU$213.74 from HP Direct... (Just add to cart and proceed to checkout to get the cost.)

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  8. OP
    OP
    Stanza

Stanza Member

link please for people who missed out:thumbup:

9. Blinky

Blinky Member

$736.06 for just the mobo :shock: There goes that option.

I bet ya the HP boxing is really grand though!
    A bit like the Cisco stuff, recycled dunny paper and the briefest drops of black ink - talk about margins...

10. easterhat

easterhat Member

DessyTek - bought mine on Friday before midday, got a confirmation email. Paid via BPay straight away and had a confirmation come through on Saturday that they'd received it, with an order tracking page listed.

Yesterday it was listed as shipped, today it's on backorder. Not happy.

11. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

+1 for HP support. :thumbup: New power supply is getting shipped out today, should have it tomorrow. :)

12. Jazz

Jazz Member

831am this morning

MEGABUY.COM.AU Order #xxxxxx Status changed to Shipped

and there was much rejoicing.

13. gr8bob

gr8bob Member

Nuff said. Paid Saturday arvo via PayPal, "shipped" on Sunday, now it's changed back to backordered. WTF?

14. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Contact HP support, they have like an online chat thing that is pretty good and quick. My PSU was very noisy, too. They are shipping me a new one. See this video:

15. make_out

make_out Member

Just got a notice that mine has been shipped from Megabuy, purchased via CC about 3.30 on Monday.

16. peterz

peterz Member

So is the Microserver user serviceable? Any issues with warranty there after?

17. rmuser

rmuser Member

Just got off the phone to Megabuy. The guy said he was "staring down a wall of them..." and that they'd all be shipped out by the end of the day. Asked if there were any spares ;) and he said no, and that MB stopped taking orders on Monday evening with one to spare....

18. Naed

Naed Member

I ordered from Megabuy at 4.58pm on Monday (after hearing Dessytek had oversold) by CC. Still sitting on Processing Order (has been since Tuesday).

Fingers crossed I'll get a confirmation soon (Star Track didn't have it on their system this morning and Megabuy said it would be shipped this morning when I called them).

19. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Just got my shipping confirmation,

Anyone know if Couriers please ship overnight from Brisbane to Newcastle and it actually arrives overnight?

20. ktmrida

ktmrida Member

We ordered another 2 from MB approximately 3pm on Monday, Just switched to processed, then shipped about an hour ago so hold in there i think if you are in the "processing" state you have atelast been allocated one however i am not certain so dont hold me to that