Software for USB - SVIDEO Capture?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by alexc, Mar 12, 2018.

1. alexc

alexc Member

Hi,

So picked up a USB SVideo adapter to hopefully capture footage from an old 90s SVideo camcorder.

This is the one: USB2.0 Card Capture Video Converter VHS to DVD for Win7 / 8 Mac OS Q4F5

But.... the DVD it supplies of Ulead Video Studio 8.0 SE is a miniature DVD! I only have access to a slot loading DVD drive.

Anyone got any ideas of what software I can use or where I can get that from? I have a Mac or PC. None of the modern video editing will work as I understand it?

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Have you considered getting an external optical drive? They don't cost much. Or get somebody you know to copy your weeny disc (whoever dreamt those things up should be shot) onto a full-sized disc for you? Either would be way easier and cheaper than buying other software.

3. OP
    OP
    alexc

alexc Member

I have an external... but its slot loading LOL.

But some success! I can get VLC to see the stream from the USB device. No audio yet for some reason, but I can see the video. In all it's 640x480 glory!

4. SyN

SyN Member

get a regular sized DVD, then cut a hole exactly the size of the miniature DVD then glue them together :lol: