1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

soldering points on xbox 360 pad

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by jay-stormchaser, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jay-stormchaser

jay-stormchaser Member

I'm making myself an arcade stick for street fighter 4 by using an old 360 pad and after looking at the diagrams on the net I have noticed that mine are different.
    Here is the pic of what I have

Click to view full size!

And here is the link to the site with the diagrams.
    http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram1.jpg

So if someone could show me where signal and common is on the pad or atleast tell me how to find it for myself.

Thanks.
    Jason

2. Ephphatha

Ephphatha Member

If you have a multimeter, put one prong on the contact for the black wire coming from the battery pack, and poke around the rest of the board testing for a connection, if you find two points that are connected, you've found your ground points. (Take the batteries out first though).

3. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

U can see on the pic that tracks between pads X and A, Y and B are connected, and that's most likely your common ground. Just double check by following the tracks between pads and check connectivity with a multimeter.