[Solved] SSD AHCI Mode.

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by gruntLOL, Jun 29, 2012.

1. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

So I've been having some weird BSOD's with Diablo 3 and I've heard that some of the problems may be associated with older firmware for my SSD. Anyway I followed a tutorial to flash it and it said that the SSD had to be in AHCI mode. As I was unaware that it needed this was the better of the two modes when I installed the SSD it was done under the default of IDE. Anyway I flashed the drive successfully but then it wouldn't boot (I got super worried!). My friend told me I had to swap it back to IDE and then it worked just fine.

Anyway he has said AHCI is the better of the two modes is there a way to change this without having to format and reinstall the OS? (If that's the only way I won't bother). But I've been told AHCI really is the way to go.

Oh btw I have a vertex3 and will am running 2.22 firmware on SATA3.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  2. NSanity

NSanity Member

3. OP
    OP
    gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

It is both an Intel driver for the SSD and an i5, do you mean intel chipset for CPU or the driver for the SSD? Either way I think mine is both.

4. NSanity

NSanity Member

Intel Chipset.

You're fine.

5. OP
    OP
    gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Done, works fine hopefully everything I have done will fix stability issues. D drive took a while to appear which scared me a little but I think it was installing device drivers for all the drives.