[SOLVED] Strange problem with Airport

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by barese, May 30, 2011.

1. barese

barese Member

I've noticed a strange problem with the airport on my early 09' unibody Macbook, and more recently my Gen 4 iPod touch where if the system is running for a while it seems like I need to disable then re-enable the wireless for the Internet connection to re-establish. The network connection remains established however.

For instance the Macbook/iPod will be running for an hour or so without going to sleep and I will launch Chrome, or Safari on the iPod and the page will refuse to load until I restart airport. Sometimes neither will even pick up the wireless without a reboot. Don't have the problem on my HTC running Android 2.3 or Windows 7 in bootcamp.

I didn't think too much of it until a mate from work mentioned recently that he noticed it on his 11' model unibody Macbook Pro also running Snow Leopard 1.6.7, and his iPhone running iOS 4.3.3.

My modem/router is a Linksys WAG54G2, which is a b/g router. One of my mates mentioned it wouldn't be an issue with an N router. I don't know the validity of this. The modem is in the centre of my house and the strength of the signal doesn't appear to be a problem. I've only noticed it in the past few months, and had the modem for 18 months.

Would this most likely be caused by an apparent software fault, or would it be my modem/router as my mate would have me believe?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. OP
    OP
    barese

barese Member

Problem seems to be resolved now that I bought a new Netgear Wireless N modem/router.