Someone else is disconnecting my service

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by shredzy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. shredzy

shredzy Member

Hey guys,

I'm currently lost on what to do here, its been 2 weeks of battling with telstra on this issue. Someone else is signing up to optus with our address which is disconnecting our service. We live in a big complex so every townhouse/house has its own unit number.

We've called up telstra and they've tried reconnecting our service which worked but next day we were disconnected again....my mate that works at nbn checked our address and he confirmed someone on optus keeps terminating our service to sign thier customer up.

Right now we have internet but its not ours....its on optus so we're using the other users internet service.

How do I get this issue fixed? It feels like if Telstra reconnect us again, the other person is going to keep complaining to optus that they don't have thier service yet and its going to become a constant loop. Its extremely annoying because its not our fault...its Optus and thier customer screwing us over.

Thanks guys.

2. The Brad

The Brad Member

Go to the ombudsman, as soon as you have your case number someone at t$ will get forced to sort it out.

firey4059 likes this.
  3. mmBax

mmBax Member

Have you called Optus?

4. caspian

caspian Member

it is not Telstra's fault that someone else keeps churning the service.

and I'd be surprised if Optus spoke to him as he's not their customer.

my advice is to call NBN's complaints department on 1800 687 626 and explain the situation to them as a first step. it sounds like Optus has simply entered a churn order for the wrong premises ID.

supasaiyan, daehenoc and Nobby6 like this.
  5. mmBax

mmBax Member

Very aware that Optus might not want to talk as he's not the account owner. But it's worth a shot, they may be willing to get in contact with the applicant and confirm the address again.

6. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Ring up Optus and thank them for giving you free internet

Im sure things will naturally work themselves out from there

7. OP
    OP
    shredzy

shredzy Member

Was going to see how this week goes, but im truly getting very sick of the problem....can't believe the other person doesn't know they're getting their address wrong after 2 weeks of trying to get net.

Havcen't tried optus yet, called be worth a shot but I couldn't imagine they could help me and would be quite hard to explain.

This is very true, been using their net since Friday haha

O-B-E-L-I-X likes this.
  8. caspian

caspian Member

it won't be. it will be Optus continually submitting the wrong LOC ID to NBN since it's been entered into their CRM system.

9. OP
    OP
    shredzy

shredzy Member

So is this the customers fault or optus getting something wrong? Living in a complex, I thought it may of been the customer screwing it up.

10. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

Use free optusnet until their customer complains and they have to send a tech on site. Maybe they will get it right then.

That or letter drop the other residents.

11. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

https://www.tio.com.au/
    Lodge a complaint against Optus, Telstra and NBN since no one wants to take responsibility to fix the issue.

ALL are at fault.
    1. Did you ask for your connection to be connected to Optus? No.
    2. Did you ask Telstra to churn your connection? No.
    3. Will NBN do anything other then tell you to talk to the retail sales? No.

TIO will get all 3 on a call with you and resolve the issue for you, but more importantly if they don't play ball and resolve issue they can all be fined for not cooperation.

12. power

power Member

woohoo, free internets.

just keep doing this the nobs that keep churning it will figure out eventually their problem.

13. OP
    OP
    shredzy

shredzy Member

Was thinking this, feel like if I keep contacting Telstra ill il through the exact same thing a couple days later! If I exactly knew who was doing it, id be knocking on thier door.

Haven't seen this, interesting! Ill look into it, cheers.

The connection defs isn't as good as my telstra one, its 50mbps and has a random dropouts every now and then but its free I guess!

14. OP
    OP
    shredzy

shredzy Member

And thanks for the replies every one!

15. caspian

caspian Member

could be either but it seems less likely that the end user doesn't know their own address to me, compared to some random customer service agent in Optus having keyed in the incorrect 15 character location ID.

16. Pugs

Pugs Member

Do you have any enemies?? Or anyone cause g you issues in your life a like a DV situation?.

17. OP
    OP
    shredzy

shredzy Member

Might of got an idea of who it is, will contact them today

18. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

Start downloading as much illegal content as you can, Using the least secure Torrent site possible . Might get enough complains from copyright holders Optus will close the connection :) .

Pugs likes this.
  19. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Lodging a TIO complaint would take ages to get sorted

20. caspian

caspian Member

and punish the wrong entity who isn't causing the issue, and can't stop it themselves.

supasaiyan likes this.