Sony A7III

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Pbx_Jnr, Feb 27, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

Just the 1, wezz ??

2. wezz

wezz Member

While I would like to get a couple - the cost of Sony FF lenses is making that difficult.

I am likely just to get the cheap 28-70 which looks perfect for gimbal video work. The mostly interally zoom mechanism give me a few more options for focal lengths without re-balacing.

There is a cheap 24-70 GM for sale in Perth though which is pretty tempting.

3. Raykay

Raykay Member

Did you order yours on Easter or earlier?

4. wezz

wezz Member

Ordered on the 19th April.

5. Raykay

Raykay Member

Ahh okay, I've been told it's coming in store on the 17th. One more damn week.

6. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

7. wezz

wezz Member

Camera has arrived! - ended up going with the Tamron 28-75 too as one came up for sale 2nd hand at a good price. Got an event 2nd June to give it its first run - so need to get some practise in with it.

The clunk on start up and shutdown was a bit disconcerting at first - but is normal apparently for engaging the IBIS?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  8. CeeAyeEee

CeeAyeEee Member

Hey Folks,
    Im looking for advice for godox flash' on an A7III.
    direct mount of the TT350s when on the older firmware was sketchy, was there ever a hotshoe issue on this body?
    selected fill flash but was rarely detected, I wonder if there is a power up sequence to solve that.
    now trying again 6mo later, but with the latest firmware installed, it now has 'accessory not supported' error!
    is this a sony business practice to deny non-genuine, like the aftermarket battery firmware 'fix'?

Had to move to the godox X1T (transmitter) just for fill flash. such a lump on the camera when stacked.
    does anyone have a lightweight and not bulky alternative for occasional macro use, like a ring light just to help out the Sony 90mm Macro F2.8 on a bushwalk?
    Cheers,
    Chris.

9. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

How confident are you that the flash is fully seated? I have seen a couple of youtube reviews of the Sony where they admitted it took a few days of problematic speedlight usage before they realised the speedlight wasn't making proper contact with the front contacts.

10. CeeAyeEee

CeeAyeEee Member

Looks like it was the perfect storm of roadblocks, have not received the 'accessory not supported' warning since so it musnt been seated at that time, but a changed menu item, wrong boot sequence, wrong focus mode, wrong shutter mode will separately stop functionality.
    Being an endless tinkerer doesnt pay off with this camera system!
    Except i need a custom flash preset setting....
    Thanks for your help!

Last edited: May 16, 2019