Sony A7III

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Pbx_Jnr, Feb 27, 2018.

1. cysp

cysp Member

2. 2SHY

2SHY Member

3. Yanoflies

Yanoflies Member

Thanks! I bought it hehehe.

BuD and 2SHY like this.
  4. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

looks like its not available on their site anymore, probably too slammed with orders they can fulfill now

5. pinchies

pinchies Member

I don’t believe this... digidirect cbd have walk in stock for this camera today, and teds cbd also have one on the shelf too... my JBHifi preorder from late March still hasn’t been fulfilled... I am so mad at Sony... :tired:

6. Xang

Xang Member

So cancel your pre-order, get your money back and buy it elsewhere.

Pbx_Jnr likes this.
  7. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

probably depends on numbers of stock allocated, generally more stock goes to the bigger fish - thats a pretty big wait time though.

Personally i'm considering selling my a7rii and getting an a7iii - dont really need the MP now and some benefits i'd like to take advantage of body wise

8. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

Michaels in Melb CBD have a couple left I think.

9. pinchies

pinchies Member

Sorry, should have mentioned this - I paid in part via gift card, and I don't want to get stuck with those at the moment.

10. Spacenoodle

Spacenoodle Member

I just sold my a7rii to buy an a7iii. the lack of the joystick for AF point selection, tiny battery and single card slot were the deal breakers for me.

11. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

those are high up on my list, plus a general speed boost and better eye-AF performance
    I have the D850 for when i need 40+ MP

12. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Ugh... I have an EOS M5 and a bunch of cannon lens but have my heart set on A7iii OR a XT-2 for some reason.

Sony because of the full frame mirrorless awesomeness and it seems to be where the game is now. Fuji because aesthetically it's beautiful and the fuji glass seems to have a bit more of a solid old school feel to it.

Can do:

A7III + FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 = $4387 (beginning of model life)
    OR
    XT-2 + 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 = $2798 (probably close to end of model life?)

In truth I don't need either and the EOS M5 is pretty decent despite the EOSM ecosystem being barren. I'm a total noob with no photography skills but I enjoy the technical factors involved with manual/semi auto photography.

~$2000 for shallower depth of field and ISO performance :/ Video is meaningless to me.

Why do these companies need to make such enticing products?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:47 AM
  13. herzeg

herzeg Member

Don't worry about it man; it never stops...

14. psdiao

psdiao Member

If you like manual controls I think you'll enjoy the Fuji a lot more. Fujis are a lot more tactile

holdennutta likes this.
  15. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

You’re probably right. I do love a good tactile feel in hand. Nice clicks and dials etc. Which is seems the Fuji is the winner for. The A7iii is just so technically awesome though!! The sensor etc difference really makes me feel like I’m short changing myself if I don’t go FF for next camera. I’ve only ever had canon aps-c gear thus far.

16. OP
    OP
    Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

I see you're in Brisbane holdennutta. If you're interested, you could come over and have a play with my A7RIII with your Canon glass to see if you like that combo? It might be an option to get an A7III body only and an MC-11 to use with your glass to start off with?

17. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

That's a kind offer, thanks Pbx_Jnr. I regrettably wont take you up on it though because I'm fairly certain I'd only be torturing myself and wasting your time :( / :)

Interesting point about the adaptor. It's an option but after a decade of fiddling with cameras but never really investing in any particularly middle/upper lens or cameras I mainly have a collection of EF-S glass and maybe 3 EF lens total (50mm 1.8, 40mm pancake and a 70-300mm). So starting from scratch again with native lens wouldn't be a huge investment wipe proposition.

Ugh - anyway, I think I'm just littering this thread with my insane ramblings now. I'll go back to lurking and dreaming :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 9:48 AM
  18. Xang

Xang Member

If you appreciate thin DoF in any way, FF wipes the floor with crop. Having owned both, the 7iii is miles ahead of the X-T2 in basically any metric you'd care to compare them on. Go the Sony, and don't waste that beautiful sensor by sticking a slow superzoom on the front of it :p The Tamron 28-75 would be a great option if you don't care for primes (which I vastly prefer myself).

19. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

I've made to move to Sony. Going to also use the move to downsize my kit to just the lenses I use the most. Learn from previous mistakes. I'll need two A7iii's, 35mm, 85mm and the 24-105mm. Just not sure if I should go the Sigma Art lenses for the primes or spend that bit more for the Zeiss 35mm and 85mm GM?

20. BuD

BuD Member

i have the zeiss GM. its a beast great lens. sonys 85 isnt that far behind but is DRAMATICALLY cheaper. teh batis is really good to usually just shy of pixel peeping tests and or beating out in some areas