Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

2. NickMate

NickMate Member

3. power

power Member

yeah I read this yesterday, all I could think was... chatroulette 2.0

4. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Well Dick Smith just called me to let me know my Pre Order is in... WIN! Now for this week to be the slowest week in history.

Randomly I was considering putting my PS4 in my PC room and using a HD Wireless transmitter to send it to my lounge room screen. Anyone know the range of how far away a DS4 controller will work from the PS4?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  5. VeeK

VeeK Member

I think the DS4 will go 30ft.

Only problem with that setup though would be the insanely horrible input lag.

6. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Yeah i was kind of thinking that maybe the case. Ill test out the range on Friday before investing in the HD transmitter.

7. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Well my amazon PS4 that went around the country just turned up at work. :lol:

8. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

jelly! but gt6 is coming in... 10 days!!!!

9. ItsDanK

ItsDanK Member

Been playing PS4 in the office for the last few days and had a good run down training with the PS team.

The menu system takes some getting use to as you generally find yourself using the touch pad and stand by mode is pretty cool as you can use your phone or tablet to download content remotely whilst you're away on a train or going to work etc.

Graphics are a step up and it's nice to be finally playing native 1080p with many of the games (FIFA looks noticeably nicer, COD looks like...COD, not really overwhelming), it really is about time for consoles to have caught up in this regard.

Replacing and adding HDD's is pretty damn easy, it's just a slide cover and 4 screws (the screws even have the PS4 logo).

10. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Tough job you have. Somebody has to do it, though.

:p

11. ItsDanK

ItsDanK Member

Yeah Playstation were nice enough to give us a run through of the PS4 at HQ so I jumped at the chance. I'm not a huge console guy but I've got my order in anyway as the technology seems to be at a level that might even convert sworn PC gamers like myself.

Whilst I believe FPS games will always be better on PC, I just can't bring myself to play a game like FIFA on a keyboard.

12. remi.

remi. Member

I think you'd be better off waiting for PS Vita TV which can stream PS4 over your local network :thumbup:

13. gdshifty

gdshifty Member

Pretty much the exact same as me. Havent had a console since the first ever playstation, and have been a big PC fanboi for gaming. But finally reacquainting myself with a console for this series of next gen, cos playing NBA 2k12 on my 17" lappy just doesnt right, even with an xbox controller.

14. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

What are the Frames Per Second performance like? I'm hoping a solid 60FPS. not shitty 24-7FPS like most previous console gen games.

15. gdshifty

gdshifty Member

Sony has just released the PS4 app. Ive already downloaded it to my lappy and iphone :thumbup:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-playstation-app-now-available-on-ios-and-android

"The App offers a shrunk-down version of the main PS4 interface, allowing you to access a mobile version of the PlayStation 4's social feed where friends' recent gameplay exploits are detailed.
    You can also send and receive text and voice messages, multiplayer game invites and set purchased PlayStation Store content downloading.
    By hitting the 'Connect to PS4' button you can enable the App's second-screen features, for use with games such as PS4 launch title Knack and bundled AR software The Playroom.
    Sony has also hinted at the App's streaming possibilities - PlayStation Mobile games could be streamed from your PS4 to your device, for example.
    "

I am excite bike.

16. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

so pricing on the playstation store is about as expected... $90-100+ for retail games... looked through the 3 pages of ps4 content and its seriously sad... most of it is dance whatever... dc universe content... warframe credits...

hopefully killzone, knack and regogun will keep me happy on launch day

17. hosh0

hosh0 Member

That's the beauty of Amazon's digital store :)

18. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

yeah i think i'll be making more use of my US account

19. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I'd be shocked if they signifficantly undercut PSN pricing.

Not sure how Sony would feel about it if they did.

20. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

I think you have to compare PSN Australia vs. Amazon though? RRP for games in the USA are usually ~$60 aren't they?