1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

Hanging out at my mates place I brought over my copy of FIFA, after installing and patching and all that crap we turn on match day and start a match of Arsenal v Chelsea, and the ball is invisible. We played the whole game for a laugh but man that was hard.

Then we exit, start again and the ball was invisible. Had to select a type of match ball from the menu to ensure that we had a visible ball. Turns out it's a semi-common glitch, but I've been playing it all month since I got my PS4 and didn't happen once.

If you can figure out how to make it happen, I suggest playing one game like that. Works best when you've been drinking.

2. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Upload to facebook/twitter, download them from your pc. It really sucks right now. :(

3. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

So has anyone else had issues with there PS4's controllers analog sticks peeling. After an 8 hour session playing FIFA my controller started to feel weird... Looked down and the rubber on the left sticks are peeling away. Seems like a pretty common issue... bit disappointing though.

This isn't my controller. Mine isn't that bad but I can see over time it will get worse. I just invested in some rubber grip covers of ebay. Hopefully that will help.
    [​IMG]

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

That's pretty bad for an $100 controller.

I saw this posted on Reddit to fix the issue, seems kinda silly to buy a third party product to fix the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NSLGW2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Probably played close to 100 hours on my console not a single problem with either controller so far. Mainly played fifa and AC.

6. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Get a manicure to soften up those gnarly thumb calluses, yo!

I'm a sweaty gamer, so my main problem is keeping my thumbs ON the sticks :lol:

7. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

8. 000orx

000orx Member

Yes bought my BF4 for $35 through them on the black friday sale. PS3 copy ($25) then bought the upgrade using a gift card from there also ($10). You need to make an american user on the ps4 but after installing you can switch back to your regular one and play all the same content from that account :)

Lego Marvel was down to $35 but I waited to long to pull the trigger :(

9. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Anyone know of an ETA for more stock in Australia?

10. cooleagles

cooleagles Member

February some time I've heard.

11. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

want mine? haven't touched it for about 2 weeks... lol

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

So far the most fun game I own for my PS4 is called Putty Squad. It makes me sad that I own a next gen console and playing a game that was originally on the SNES on it :lol:

13. sSs

sSs Member

Why haven't you touch it? No games worth playing?

14. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Cmon Killzone, Killzone, Killzone, Killzone, Killzone, Killzone :) :D

Nah screw those guys, they stiffed me in the credits and gave me "Special Thanks"

Not cool.

15. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

pretty much... i got killzone and knack with the console... painfully got through killzone (really didn't enjoy it)... played knack with my wife... that was cool but i don't really have any desire to replay it

resogun is my only reason to turn it on at the moment... i can't get into contrast... it just feels clunky

but yeah i've been playing my xbone and pc more than anything as they have more games for me... its going to be personal preference obviously and limiting myself to exclusives on the system probably doesn't help but there you go :\

waiting for some new releases in the coming months so i get some use out of it :)

16. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Out of curiosity which parts did you hate most and why? It seems very much a love it or hate it game.

17. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

i don't think it was really any one thing in particular... i've never been too fussed over killzone games (despite owning all of them)... i feel visual effects are over done in them making it hard to see wtf is going on from time to time... story wise its never grabbed me either... technically speaking i experienced a few issues while playing it... sound issues, glitching off the map, etc

i dunno, it might not sound like much but i did have to push myself to finish it a bit more than i'd of liked... its possible i'm just over FPS games in general as i don't play them much these days... either way its a game i'd recommend to someone to say "look how pretty it is", but not for awesome gameplay

18. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Thanks for the feedback, sad to hear you didn't like it though :(

I agree the game has many flaws, its development was no walk in the park, would love to spill more details but it'd probably be a bit unprofessional :)

19. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Hasn't everyone always thought that about Killzone? It looks great but generic as shit in every other aspect. Whenever I buy Killzone I say if I get 4 hours out of it, I'll be happy. Usually get around 2 hours.

20. sirelliottm

sirelliottm Member

I havent finished the game yet but I enjoyed the space level.

The train level was a little annoying.

I sometimes find my self a little lost on which way to go. I like the way Deadspace helps you if you need it via pointing out the direction on the floor.

When i play it feels like you are over the shoulder even when it is a FPS - this is a little hard to explain....