1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Generally the feedback is that the story sucks and that people want to play as Helghast :)

I worked on the space level :) The section with the broken ship reactor is my design (and scripting, I even did the animation for the reactor sections lol) It was actually way cooler during development, I created an interactive computer that you used to examine the subsystems for the ships reactor to figure out the problem, it also had cool animated displays showing the status of the reactor and the ship. You could also use it to control a bunch of gun turrets to help you against the enemies. Unfortunately it was cut for the awesome "press X to hack!" and watch a progress bar mechanic (yawn).

I agree the objective pointer sucks, unfortunately there wasn't enough time to design a better way and in playtests people managed ok with it for the most part. The idea was that it should give you an idea of where you need to go but not breadcrumb it completely so that players would explore and actually examine the environment for where to go rather than run brainlessly at an objective pointer.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Not sure if you can take this feedback on (as in if you are the right person to be giving this feedback to) but I just found the whole plot of this alien world being so far away etc and then looking the exact samea s humans and speaking English a bit stupid. But it feeds into what you are saying that the story sucks, I'd extend that to the game world, it doesn't do anything to entice the player to get invested in it.

Slick as shit graphics though.

3. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Definitely not the right person to talk to as I don't work at Guerrilla anymore :)

Post it to @killzone on twitter.

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

4.2 million consoles sold WW up to Dec 28th. Color me impressed :cool:

Actually, I'm impressed with both system's sales figures...3 million consoles in December is also nothing to sneeze at from MS's point of view

Very impressive for 2 systems with bugger all quality games to play on them :lol:

5. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

That's pretty much the end of Nintendo's third party support then. Just how long can Nintendo survive on Mario, Pokemon and Zelda?

6. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Yep, the Wii-U was a flop however you want to look at it....just lucky for them that the 3DS is still selling like hotcakes. They can and will survive on those 3 franchises alone

7. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Lol, Nintendo still doesn't even have an account system and the digital games are way more expensive than the physical :p I mean I have a 3DS XL and enjoy the 3D but geez Nintendo are really in prehistoric times. Rehashing old Mario for the 500th time. I don't think i'll buy another Nintendo console as I'm sick of playing their staple franchises. The Wii U was a massive flop, the 3DS is the only thing they have going for them.

8. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

My guess this was more to do with parents Santa not getting his preorder in on time for a PS4 and had to make do with a XBone.

9. Irrational

Irrational Member

For me, their decline started with the original, Wii. It was all a gimmick and the motion controller is what drove me to something more traditional like the 360 and now the PS4.

I loved Nintendo when I was growing up, but in all honesty their last great console was the N64 it's been a slow decline since then with the Gamecube failing, the Wii picking up a little, and now the failure of the Wii-U. It's only a matter of time before they go the way of SEGA.

10. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I'm doubtful Nintendo will disappear. While the WiiU is certainly lacking (didn't stop me getting one when DSE cleared them at half price), their handheld market dominance is as strong as ever. The 3DS is still a big money spinner so even if they pull out of the home console market, they will still have a very strong handheld product.

11. claf-43

claf-43 Member

You are kidding right, that is your basis?

You ever looked at the Games on Demand prices for Xbox or the PS3 full download costs?

Please.

The Nintendo prices for their full games are actually reasonably good, so much so that some are cheaper and and out earlier (like Luigi U).

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I really liked the idea of the Wii U but it's lack of games murders the console. It's been out for what, a year now? and it still has a pretty lame line. Mario? zZz enough mario! Zelda? zZz never liked Zelda. Scribblenaughts? BORING.

Oh well the Wii U did go to good use. I traded it in against my PS4 and it knocked $350 off the price lol

I still regret buying the Wii U. I didn't realise it'd have such a fail lineup of games with nothing still worth buying

13. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Buying a Nintendo console if you don't like Mario and Zelda was never going to work out well :)

I think Nintendo will be able to get along just fine by being the Mario, Zelda and Pokemon company.

14. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Ahahah you bught a Nintendo console and don't want Nintendos first party games? That's the ONLY thing Nintendo have going for them, who the hell buys a Nintendo console for third party games?

15. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

I don't. :thumbup:

16. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Based on their previous best sellers, I think they'll be fine with Mario and Zelda

17. AthlonMan

I think they'll do just fine until people stop caring about their first party titles. The questions are; how long will Gen X,Y continue to play games and are the younger generations increasingly more focused on the CODs and Halos.

18. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

thread title suggests this is a PS4 thread... seeing a lot of nintendo chat going on... is the PS4 that boring we need to discuss the other boring console on the market? :p

19. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

surprised no one has mentioned Playstation Now.

20. AthlonMan

Isn't it just easier to just keep your old consoles.

I mean, it sounds cool. But how well will it really work...