1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Just rang my local Harvey Norman - Number 7 on the list and 12 coming mid Feb so I should get mine then!!! :D

2. dahurldog

dahurldog Member

When are we expecting Outlast to come out on Playstation Plus?

It says Feb - but not out yet. Do have to wait until Feb US?

3. Elfanger

Elfanger (Banned or Deleted)

February 5 apparently.

4. StreekG

StreekG Member

Can't wait for Outlast, should pick up the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition also!

5. Elfanger

Has Outlast been approved for Aus market?

6. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

It has been out on PC for months here, so I can't imagine any problems arising. The game doesn't have much in the way of gore anyway.

7. Elfanger

It is having issues though apparently.

8. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Is there much difference with the new release of tomb raider? I played it on pc and have to say it was up there with my games of the year. Worth picking up just to play on ps4?

9. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

If you have the PC version, I'd recommend just playing it again on that. The improvements are minimal.

10. zfind

zfind Member

Had a quick play of the demo disc yesterday, the game with the growing mechanical creature, crank or something? Nice graphics but obviously not a taxing title. Controller felt nice, love the textured thumb sticks!

Even though I've got a chance to pick one up in the states next week I think I'll just cop the price difference and buy it in Europe in case I need warranty support. Will get bf4 from amazon though.

11. ministry

ministry Member

12. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

Don't think it's worth it unless you really want the trophies.

One thing that I had completely forgotten about and rediscovered after a few solid days of playtime... when you have a torch in your hand the DS4 light thing mimics the flicker of the torch. I remember reading that weeks ago and laughing at how dumb it was, and then completely forgot about it. Managed to play through a good chunk of the game without even realising that was happening until I had a lit torch and I put the controller down to message somebody and noticed some weird flickering light.

13. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

demo disc? crank? i assume you're talking about knack?

also if you plan on getting dlc for BF4 i'd buy it from whatever region your playstation profile is from as DLC is region locked... the game isn't of course.

14. zfind

zfind Member

Yeah knack. Demo disc runs on all the ps4s in the shops here in Peru. They don't at home?

So if I buy bf4 from the US and play it on my European Ps account I'll DL euro Dlc?

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

Nope. If you buy a US version you'll have to get the DLC from a US PSN account. Once that's all done you can switch back to your Euro account to play.

Sent Outlast to my PS4 download queue from work. Good thing seeing it's 4GB. My peasant internet will take a few hours to download that. Love that queue feature :D

16. zfind

zfind Member

Ah yeah, signing up for a us psn is no fuss, can just do it on the Ps in parallel with my euro account? Does this also apply for BF4 premium?

I thought I was set on buying my unit in Finland but shit, the price difference to the US is pretty big. Warranty issues scare me though...!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  17. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

So Outlast is available now on ps+. Coincidentally Steam has it for 50% off today :p

18. Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger Member

i pre ordered a PS4 and i just have a dumb question, can i buy discs from say the US and play them in my AUS system?

19. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I believe the short answer is: YES

Long answer:
    You can create an AUS and separate US PSN accounts to make the most of regional pricing/deals, but you'll have to log in/out of each to play your respective games.
    DLC *might* be an issue if you chop and change between regions.

If the PS4 plays out anything like the Wii and other consoles that have PAL pricing, you can get good deals by buying from Ozgameshop direct from the UK.

20. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Played BF4 at a mates the other day on PS4, was awesome fun. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Re: headsets for chat, anyone used the stock in ear set you get with the PS? are they crap?

EDIT: Also anyone had a problem with thumbstick wear on their left thumbstick yet? I've pre-emptively ordered some cheap chinese grips.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014