1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

2. trop

trop Member

Sony has sold more than 5.3 MILLION PS4's so far.

Its an amazing rate of uptake for a new console.

3. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

hopefully it was a mistake by JBhifi but their next shipment of PS4 was priced at $649!

Quickly taken off their FB page though, but best to ask if you were going to get one there

4. markius

markius Member

JBs in Perth CBD received a double shipment by mistake. 20 went to pre-orders, and 20 went on the shelf.

Well, now there's only 19...

5. beersandwich

beersandwich Member

biggest mistake they did was not doing gt6 for ps4. everyone applauded the decision saying yay, such a large user base - yet here we are 1/2 price gt6 already lol.

i have many friends, who just assumed that gt6 was on ps4, and where suprised when i told em it was on ps3.

6. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Imagine how good it would have been if GT6 was a launch title... :thumbup:

7. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

Sony is selling PS4's as fast as they can make them. :Paranoid: my guess would be they would have sold 20 million buy now if the supply was there.. Xbox One sales are due to lack of PS4's on the shelf and parents buying the machine that's available, even if its a pile of crap with half the power and costs more.

8. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Two things:

1. I want more awesome games to play, hurry up and release some!

2. I want DLNA media capability back - hurry up and make it so Sony!!

:tired:

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

Is there a reason to buy either console right now?

10. Merudo

Merudo Member

Holy crap, I can't believe there's no DLNA media capability. I was definitely going to get a PS4 if I upgraded to a new console, I see no real reason to if I can't use it as a media hub as well. I might as well just build a HTPC and use steam big picture...

11. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

If you want to play games that are out on either console that's only available on said console. Otherwise, there are always cheaper options for other stuff.

12. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Not really. If you're a PC gamer either console with gather dust right now. Both library's are pretty pathetic as they always are in the first 6-12 months. Some decent releases coming in the next couple months but mostly on PC anyway. I'd say the main reason to get one now is fanboyism and people who just like shiny new toys under their TV. I fall into the latter :p

13. The Beast

The Beast Member

1. True, I was lucky I didn't have time to play over Christmas so I've still got a backlog. Currently churning BF4, Killzone and Ass Creed right now. March is going to be awesome though.

2. Agreed. It should be coming. In the meantime, I've had success streaming from my Plex server through the browser. Followed this guide and it works great. Not as good as native Plex or DLNA support, but good enough.

http://ps4compatibility.com/plex-media-server/

I have a kickass PC, but I still really enjoy the PS4.

1. I prefer playing in front of my TV rather that in the study where my PC is.
    2. The speed and ease of the PS4 is bringing the console back to consoles. It's faster to get gaming on the PS4 than it is on PC, which wasn't always the case last gen.
    3. Vita integration, second screen and trophies are enough to make me prefer a game on PS4 over PC.
    4. Free games on PS+ :)

Games will cost more on PS4 than PC, though buying from the US store offsets that somewhat.

14. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

15. Domokun

Domokun Member

Unsure if this is old news but...

[​IMG]

16. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Some people might be interested in the views here

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I was playing Tomb Raider on my PS4 the other day and I was suprised when it went psycho. It started running at 1FPS and freezing for about 2sec then moving then freezing again skipping and jumping with corrupted sound :/

Has anyone else got TR? When you first start the game and it's showing the credits I get this black corruption that flashes on the screen. I don't know if that's a normal part of the credits or if it's my PS4 being spaz

Has anyone else had their PS4 go stupid like that? It was getting to the point where I thought I'd have to turn the PS4 off but I didn't want to as you can't just save wherever you want in TR

18. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Sounds like a crappy bug, have you googled to see if its a known issue?

19. The Beast

The Beast Member

That's not right. I've played TR: DE the whole way though, I've not seen any black corruption, frame rate slowing or freezing for a period of time. :Paranoid:

I think I had the game freeze on me once, which from memory didn't lock the console (I could still quit the game) and it was fine afterwards.

Is your PS4 running hot? Are the fans going on high?

Don't worry about quitting the game, the autosave points in TR are so frequent you'll barely have to replay much.

20. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Check that your console is not running too hot. Otherwise that is a very strange but very rare bug.

I had a moment when I had to zipline down to some enemies, and I died on the landing and respawned further up and enemies were dead. That's some great checkpoints lol.