Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Shadow of mordor is the next big one.

All the sports ones will be out soon too.

Or get him a 2nd controller?

2. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Sounds dumb but maybe a PSN gift card?

Almost all retail releases are digital downloads now, so that might be a good option.

3. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

So last week my PS4's controller R2 trigger begain to really get messed up. When used it would almost come out of it's socket and I would have to do a referse flick of the finger to get it back into position. It actually felt like the spring inside it was loosing its mechanical retention. And the R1 was often sticking and not rebounding properly either for quite some time.

I took it into the EB Games (Saint Georges Terrace) store, the girl didn't want bar of it, claimed it to be excessive and normal wear and tear, I argued that every electronics device sold within Australia is required by law to provide a 1 year warranty, and as a comparsion I have Nintendo GameCube Wavebirds and Dreamcast controllers still working perfectly to this day. She then admitted to that but then persisted that she can't do nothing about it till I bring in the whole console bundle to do a returns warranty, otherwise i'll have to take it up with Sony directly. I continued to argue the point that they were a retail agent and on-sell Sony equipment on their behalf and therefore just like everyone else must also ontake any warranty returns.

So after about half an hour of this going on, I left - Pissed off. But I went into the Hay Street Mall store to get a second opinion on the matter. The dude working there did me a solid. Agreed that yes, normally with controller faults that came bundled with the console have to be all returned as one as it was all invoiced with the serial of the bundle and they can't track individual items (weird). But instead he proceeded to grab a brand new console unit from the back, un-boxed it, gave me the new controller, put my flakey one into the packaging and went ahead with the "return" on the console. Legend!

Just wanted to tell my little story. Has anyone else had any other issues with controllers yet? The guy at the second store was telling me that they actually have had a few people come in with problems with the rubber grip on the analogue sticks wearing off but I was the first to bring in a controller with triggers giving out.

I admitted that it is common for new and consumer untested tech you can expect these kind of things, Especially with such a dramatic re-design on the DS4 controllers and that mandifacturing amendments is a given till things get perfect. I remember when the first PlayStation came out that those controllers went though at least 3 or 4 different revisions.

4. Mousepadeater

Mousepadeater (Banned or Deleted)

Easiest thing to do if you run into issues due to it being part of a bundle is to just buy a standalone controller, take out the new one, put in the old one and get a refund.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

sneaky bugger LOL

6. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Funny you post this man! I just had a R2 button go a little weird on me and took it to Eb at lunch time and he swapped it on the spot no questions asked.
    Mine was no near as bad as yours but it just wasn't quite right.

7. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

guys swapping the DS4 at EB - i'm assuming you didnt buy from there?

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

The evil within: PC or PS4?

9. MrBS

MrBS Member

Got a feeling my old SLI setup will perform very badly with Evil Within (damn idtech5) so I'm leaning towards PS4. I'm also leaning towards picking up next year after a price drop as I have absolutely to time to play this game this year! :p

10. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

ps4 only for me from now on, im done with pc

11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's $59.99 on PC and $69.99 on PS4 for me here in canada.

12. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

I think I’ll get shadow of mordor and just watch an LP of evil within. I like watching other people play scary games, especially if they’re good commentators.

13. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I don't dislike pc gaming but some reason I haven't even turned my on in like 6months.
    It's just a huge pit of money sitting there doing nothing.

14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Standard practise.... but the girl sounds like a noob, or she is destined to stay in the retail world.
    The 2nd guy has the smarts, and something anyone with a bit of brains would do.

15. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Get him one of those wizz-bang charging stations for the controllers. There's a few to choose from
    https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps4/accessories

Might need a second controller to make it worthwhile ;) Grab one of the FIFA/Madden/etc games while you're at it (pending budget).

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

$90 for a controller? wtf!

17. MrBS

MrBS Member

Import all my accessories from Amazon. If I'm prepared to play the postal lottery I'll use ozgameshop from time to time ;)

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

wish sony would just remove the stupid 15 min recording limit!

19. MrBS

MrBS Member

Finally got my cupcakes ;)

20. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Yeap I did that with mine... The rubber eats away on the thumb sticks really quickly. I just took it back, got it replaced and then bought my self some covers of ebay.

My first original controller was also having problems with the R2 trigger. It was kind of catching and not depressing properly. Haven't had the issue with my replacement controller.