Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. thecondor

thecondor Member

My god I don't need anohter ps4 but its so sexy.
    Hmmmm......

2. power

power Member

So damn sexy, I just can't wait the review on Good Game (although admittedly reviewed by 2 major Batfans) was gushing in it's praise.

3. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Was so close with the trade deal for that PS4 at EB. But I have the MGS5 console on the way in September. Game is alright so far, had to download six DLC items before I even started the game up which was silly and the DLC missions only go for a few minutes (although I thought the Red Hood mission was pretty tough).

4. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

On an unrelated note, if you avoided The Evil Within due to the the annoying letter boxing and no way to disable it on console, they have released a patch allowing you to turn it off. I've checked it on my PS4 and it looks odd because I've been used to those black bars.

5. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

Jesus that took long enough. I wonder if they were just obscuring the screen with those bars the whole time or if all this time was spent getting the game to actually run at full res.

6. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Having had a quick play with the settings it's a literal removal of black bars and that's it. No FOV change or distance from Seb. Just the black bars. They also rebalanced the casual mode too to be more easy as apparently it was too difficult. Somehow the patch weighed in at about 4GB so buggered if I know what was in it but the black bar removal is nice, just a bit jarring since you get used to having limited vision.

7. nornicle

nornicle Member

gave batman a spin today... some really amazing stuff they pull off with the cutscene to game transitions... and some really impressive animations and stuff.. a little less clean and sharp like Infamous Second Son, but still a worthy addition to 'current' gen.

8. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I might grab a copy on my way home!
    It looks pretty good and has reviewed pretty well too.

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the ps4 version of arkham knight looks great - wish the PC version looked better that it currently is.

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

any1 wanna trade my copy of bloodborne for Mortal Kombat X or batman?

Also got 128gig samsung SSD i can trade lol

11. nornicle

nornicle Member

finished (not 100% I aint got time for that) Arkham Knight... not a super Batman fan, and didn't like the Arkham Asylum.. but this game... is amazeballs. 10/10 a lot of 'Did this game/ batman just did this!?' moments...

12. power

power Member

May I recommend to anyone who's yet to play bats - use the alternate control scheme for the Bat-tank-mobile, makes controlling it heaps better.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

boo! for some reason the PS4 says i can't use the update file even though it's the latest version....wtf?!?!

14. drrevenge

drrevenge Member

I 110% agree with this. The default controls are awful. Since making this switch, I've become a lot better at handling this and switching into battle mode too.

15. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Are you trying to update via USB? You have to make sure you have the correct update file. There is one for firmware updates and another for complete re instalation of a new hard drive. Also the PS4 only likes a specific file format and hates a lot of cheap USB sticks.

16. DuaNo

DuaNo Member

To add to this, make sure the USB is formatted as FAT (FAT, FAT32, exFAT) file system and that you have the following folder structure inside the USB:

PS4 > UPDATES > FILENAME.PUP

Yes. They have to be in CAPS.

17. fedex

fedex (Banned or Deleted)

what are some good fun titles to play two player with my lady? Probs been answered before but i'm lazy and at work.

Woah Dave is pretty fun

18. thecondor

thecondor Member

Little big planet 3?!

I loved this game and you can have up to 4 players.

19. fedex

fedex (Banned or Deleted)

not a fan of LBP.

After some cool kitchy games like shovel knight, etc

anyone got hotline miami?

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

turns out i was using the wrong update file. i didn't know there was a 2nd update file that was about 800MB (i wonder if someone can hack it to run on desktops LOL).

now i got it working and it's restoring my backup. once it's done i can ditch the 500gb HDD.