1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Lowset brick uninsulated cheap rental.

This summer I have a portable, but it won't quite cut it.

Gets hot!

2. proffesso

proffesso Member

anyone know where to pickup some controllers?

3. The Beast

The Beast Member

[​IMG]

Amazon.

4. JaS

JaS Member

Last I checked Amazon US isn't shipping them to Australia for new orders. Amazon.co.uk is probably equal cheapest price though, around $76 for Blue or Red shipped, black is around $8 more there, so if you want black Ozgameshop will probably be the cheapest (also $76).

Big W, Target, Kmart, JB Hifi or whoever might have some good deals around launch though so might be worth waiting. They haven't announced any good deals yet though so I've already made my orders, CBF waiting until the last minute to see whether they will or will not be decent prices locally especially when there's every chance they could ship from online stores early and be here in time for launch.

5. huskybusky

huskybusky Member

That's also my dilemma, it's clearly the superior console for pure graphics but what games are worth playing on it at launch, or in the near future.

I also saw a demo of the Xbox one console set up at Dick Smith yesterday, you would not be disappointed with those graphics either and with a more enticing game library the graphics would be quickly forgotten.

Keeping my PS4 pre-order for the moment, might get both consoles.

Although I think people are getting too caught up in the graphics and not the games we'll be spending hours enjoying.

6. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

That's your opinion, because these two images both show a lot more games on offer for the PS4
    http://i.imgur.com/KVX6jb4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nawJGNo.jpg

So other than your love of Forza, Halo, and Fable, I don't see what makes the X Bone have a more "enticing" library :confused:

7. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Piggybacking this to ask, any word on whether controllers and games will be purchasable early like in the states? I recall with the PS3 that they weren't available until the console was.

8. trop

trop Member

The second pic you posted sums it up for me, 3 AAA studio exclusives on xbone vs 1 on ps4. The rest are all arcade style fluff games, can be good fun but they're not what you buy a new gen console to play imo.
    At least both consoles have some killer multiplatform titles at launch - which ever console you buy there will be heaps to play.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  9. BluBoy

BluBoy Member

Anyway, I have a dilemma. PS4 is clearly the dominate gaming console.
    But having now seen the "12 minute XBONE" video released by MS, I am now thinking I would prefer an all in one media centre, being able to easily switch between TV, games and skype on the fly.

Does anyone know how (if?) the PS4 goes in this regard?
    I find the PS3-eye TV kind of disjointed. It takes way too long to get into initially, and then does not integrate with the games side of the PS3 at all. Is this what I should expect in PS4?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  10. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

What a bunch of dicks Sony. $399 US = $425AUD. What a bunch of ripoff ****s.

11. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

AU$425 + 10% GST = AU$467.50. It's retailing for AU$548, so I guess you take into account shipping and PAL conversions, etc I would say it's not to bad...

12. oliverg

oliverg Member

PAL conversions? 1080p / 720p isn't PAL and who uses PAL on flat panels these days anyway? (genuine question, not being a troll!)

13. 6thgear

6thgear Member

Yeah lol Pal conversion really would not be a thing that would cost them any additional money. It's just pricing for the market, 20% extra is actually fairly small for the usual 'Australia Tax'

14. stitch512

stitch512 Member

These consoles are considerably cheaper than the PS3 and xbox 360 were at launch. I was so happy with these prices that I ordered both! However a workmate missed out on getting a PS4 pre order so he is paying my PS4 off so he can have that. I can wait for it until next yr when some exclusives I want to play come out.

15. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

I don't know, I just figure there would be things that need changing for it to work here in what I call a PAL area. Like the power supply, plugs, AU regulations, etc.

I just think for the money it's a nice piece of kit, especially when you compare it to the PS3 price.

16. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

you need to put it in perspective though... the bluray tech in the launch ps3 was more or less brand new to market... bluray players were costing nearly as much... the tech has matured now and is cheaper... that was one of the main reasons for the high price of the ps3

i think the new consoles are priced well for what they are

17. hosh0

hosh0 Member

I thougth the main reason the ps3 was so expensive was because it had a ps2 in it as well.

18. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

not in australia... the original ps3 fat consoles (i still have mine) was changed to emulation for ps2... the US/JAP consoles had the emotion chip or whatever it was called

this page on whirlpool backs this up

so in a way, we really got screwed in Australia for the PS3 launch systems... but when i saw bluray players going for similar money i didn't care cause i got bluray and a gaming system

19. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :D

BTW: "Francis" is a character that this youtuber plays. He is actually a super nice guy :)

20. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

watched it earlier today... lucky bastard lol

i think he's been doing some promo stuff with sony lately so i guess thats why