1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Playstation 4 PS4 RELEASED! (29.11.13) $549 AUS RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I have bought US content through codes from memory, and I'm pretty sure I had access to it on another account on the same PS3...

2. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

was it DLC though? it's only DLC that t region restricted for some reason.

3. claf-43

claf-43 Member

From memory, the God of War games (inc with one of the God of War CEs) and MK9s demo, when it was banned here to name a couple things.

4. sh0rteh

sh0rteh Member

Yes if it's a US game, you can only get the DLC through the US store. So create a US account.

The PS4 is like the PS3 in this. It's been reported by Sony in various places (sorry on phone would take me forever to find one now) but I think there is even a section in the PS4 FAQ about all this. But they have clearly said multiple accounts are all good on the PS4

5. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

you're extremely wrong there... if you have a US copy of a game it'll work on any console world wide... but the DLC from the Aussie PSN won't work with a US disc and vice versa... this is down to publishers... in this case we're talking EA... they did it with the PS3 and BF3... so it'll be the same on PS4

6. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

This. :thumbup:

7. JaS

JaS Member

Just went through the 3 for 2 offer on Amazon, not sure whether to give it a miss or go through a freight forwarder as not many of the titles I really want are shipping to Australia.

Will Ship to Australia

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
    Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
    FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
    Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
    Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
    NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
    Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

Will NOT Ship to Australia

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
    Knack (PlayStation 4)
    Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
    Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I got myself an PS4 pre-ordered from EB, I won't be getting mine till next year though I'm in no rush as there is 0 launch titles I want./ I wasn't going to bother pre-ordering originally but I found out over the weekend EB had some kind of deal that if I trade in a console I get 50% more trade value toward the PS4 and nobody on OCAU seemed even remotely interested in my Wii U so I traded it in and got a nice big chunk off the price of the PS4 for the price i was asking on the forums originally.

I hope that some good games start filtering out soon otherwise it's going to be an overpriced novelty item for a while :(

9. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

did they actually tell you they won't have stock until next year or are you just not picking it up until next year?

just interested more than anything, i pre-ordered ages ago around E3 when they had a similar deal... traded a bunch of games and one of my 360's for about a 65% bonus i think it was (50% + 15% eb world that stacks on top)

10. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Thank you gentlemen, I stand corrected.

11. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Sadly my 15% didn't stack on it but yes I was actually told it may not be till Feb I get mine.

12. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Francis got one!!!

13. soupratt

soupratt Member

It will end up on Craig's List. By the look of Francis, he won't make it past Xmas. :lol:

14. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Loved how he threw the controller and 360 away :lol:

Interesting to watch some of his other vids when he is just being himself

15. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Any news in terms of playing online with the import titles. From memory some games were online region locked? Not interested in DLC but would be playing the sport games online and dont wanna be matched with just overseas people :)

16. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Was discussed earlier today. Expected to work the same as PS3 IRT discs being world wide region free, but DLC being locked to a certain region's store.

17. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Yeah went back and read just wasnt sure about online experience in terms of match making also just read the big FAQ and looks like its at Devs discretion bu would be uncommon.

18. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

Just make sure that if you expect to want DLC for a title, to get the right region.

For myself, after a generation buying piece after piece of under-delivering, junk DLC, I'm going on a blanket ban of basically everything. I can name on one hand the amount of DLC this generation that I thought was worth purchasing, so if anything ends up being worth it I can source the proper region copy later on. The money I save getting the cheapest copy can fund those rare occasions.

19. NickMate

NickMate Member

My copy of this game is confirmed to be shipping. The may have changed the supplier of the game but i can confirm my copy will ship.

20. JaS

JaS Member

Did you order that a while ago? Just intended that list for new orders (just added them all to my cart and checked the error messages on checkout). You're right, if you already have it ordered you have nothing to worry about.