1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony PSP Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by 303-Acid, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sefu

Sefu Member

I'm only half way through the max tour, it aint easy and its a major bitch. Im completely stuck on one course and its getting frustating.
    There is no easy way to win, my only advice is to keep up for the whole of the race, you dont need to be leading, just stick with the bunch. Make sure you have 3 nitros and use them all at the last few turns on the last lap.
    The 1st race in the max tour was a bitch too, just time your nitros right and you should just win, i won by miliseconds. On that track I started using the nitros just after the bridge.
    Oh yeah and apparantely the DYN cars are the best as they dont lose much speed when coming out of a drifting

2. proffesso

proffesso Member

is Max after EX?

3. Sefu

Sefu Member

Yep Max is after EX. Max is only available if you have the US version of Ridge racer

4. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

does anyone know whether the lik-sang psp's are jap or US consoles?

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  5. rival81

rival81 Member

They are JAP

6. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

7. rival81

rival81 Member

What's another good game to get? So far i've got Lumines, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure and No Shots Golf is on the way. Anything else you guys own and would recommend? A sports game would be nice but none of them really appeal...apart from the golf one that i've already ordered.

BTW is it just me or is Wipeout Pure really hard!? I keep hitting the walls when i go around corners. Not sure how to use the air brakes yet...

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  8. proffesso

proffesso Member

tales of eternia looked great, full voice too. (all in japanese tho)

9. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

Any body now how to get game sharing working? me and my mate wanna play Wipe-Out Together, i cant find anything on google. all it says is that game sharing is not available yet on any of the titles? i hope this is not true.

10. rival81

rival81 Member

Err, im pretty sure most, if not all the games support it. Don't you just go to Game Sharing in the main menu?

11. AzNBoi

AzNBoi Member

12. StormWaterdrain

StormWaterdrain Member

Firmware upgraded to 1.51 last night on my Jap unit. No issues over wireless, took around 10 minutes from start to finish. No visible changes, likely just protection against homebrew code and possible execution of UMD images from the memory stick.

Still enjoying Minna no Golf, ATV Offroad, Wipeout. Metal Gear is too hard, so I gave it away. Don't like football, so gave Fifa away.

Really wanting Namco Museum and some driving games!!!!

Have had major success with 3GP Converter and now watching TV shows in widescreen on the way to work with headphones.

13. rival81

rival81 Member

When did 1.51 come out? I'll have to do an update now..

You should get Ridge Racers, it's really great. Make sure you get the US version. Lumines is ok too...gets boring quickly tho. Not as good as the reviews say i don't think - there just isn't enough content or game modes to make it worth more than 80%

My copy of Hot Shots Golf (US version of Minni No Golf) is on its way...should be here tommorrow maybe. Now the wait begins for more good games....GT4 Mobile, GTA etc :D I love the PSP....my DS is gathering dust now.

Last edited: May 12, 2005
  14. ukei

ukei Member

You all have to pick up Lumines guys, I swear if it wasn't for this game I wouldn't want a PSP at all.. Does anyone have it, what do you think?

15. rival81

rival81 Member

Read my msg, the one above yours!

"Lumines is ok too...gets boring quickly tho. Not as good as the reviews say i don't think - there just isn't enough content or game modes to make it worth more than 80%"

I think it's a great version of tetris but i dont see why it's rated so highly...i mean apart from playing the same game mode and unlocking the skins and music what else is there to do??? Am i missing something??

16. ukei

ukei Member

I dunno, how far have you played the game, like.. how long does a session last? you might not be cracking into the core of it. I haven't played it myself so I'm not really sure how long, or what sort of score you need to achieve to really 'feel' the game. but... I've known people who love it so much, they play and get like 999,999 in challenge mode (you can't get any higher).

17. rival81

rival81 Member

My game just lasted an hour and a half but ive only unlocked 8 of the 40 skins! I don't think i can get much better...but it is a really great game for sure! The skin i just unlocked is awesome.

18. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

hey guys, is the value pack worth getting? coz i can get the standard one much cheaper. tell me what you think.

19. proffesso

proffesso Member

i did get the value pack, but i only use the remote, the rest i dont use. ie, my own headphones, 512mb memory stick, case I dont use, as the psp fits in my pocket fine.

just spend the extra cash on a screen protector and a memory stick

20. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

It's worth getting in my opinion.
    You get the remote and 32mb card.
    I think i saw the remote for $40 for just itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.