Soundblaster Audigy Problem in XP

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by BasS-InJecTeD, Aug 16, 2002.

1. BasS-InJecTeD

BasS-InJecTeD Member

hey guys,
    this is the first time i have had to ask anybody else for help with XP... but i'm stumped.

I have had XP working for ages, no problems... but recently, things started just disappearing. My soundcard is installed and shows up in the device list, but all the drivers and stuff for it just fail when i try and use it.

I ran Creative Diagnostics and it verified for me that everything but the actual card was failing.

Then, my modem failed and i couldn't get on the net... so i decided to reinstall XP...

then, whilst installing... it gave me the ol' BSOD and said that ctoss2k.sys or something similar to that had stopped responding or something... god i'm so confused.

Anybody help?

2. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

i think xp has some issues with certain soundblaster cards.
    check at creative, i'm sure there is a patch or updated drivers. check with microsoft as well.

you could also try installing xp without the soundcard, then when it's up and running install the drivers for the card manually.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/review/378624.html

3. OP
    OP
    BasS-InJecTeD

BasS-InJecTeD Member

meh, thanks for your help Looktall but i figured it out..
    i been using XP since it was alpha, so i know all the tricks, but this one had me going.....

i ended up just reformatting and installing XP again, working great now (i think i may have had a corrupt bit in my hdd...)