Spintel unlimited is not unlimited

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Chamelion, Jun 23, 2012.

1. lennyc

lennyc Member

Within restrictions complying with our trading laws. Eg. If it is to the customers disadvantage the customer can break the contract.

We do have legal rights when it comes to goods and services.

They don't get me as a customer.

In this case they will most probably take in on.

It will buy the OP time to change to a more suitable service.

2. OP
    OP
    Chamelion

Chamelion Member

So, on the phone.. Apprently there is no actual figure that's too much, it's because "we are in the top 1% of data users they can no longer AFFORD to provide the service to us"... That is what was said. 1% must be another of spintels arbitrary numbers.

Our problem now is that there are no more ports on our exchange. If they cut us off before the churn takes place we lose our port and have no ADSL until a new port frees up.

Here is the real icing on the cake.. They had our address wrong and had sent the initial letter to our old place 200km away. We couldn't possibly have relocated our service without having given them our new address, so they messed up. This proves that no contact was adequately made and that the first notice to us was the electronic reminder as sent on the 18th June (the email that went into the junk box and wasn't noticed until a couple of days ago). Surely this alone is reasonable grounds enough to have the 30 days 'notice' extended so our churn can take place.

Will draft a letter to the TIO this evening. Certainly can't hurt and the potential gains are worth it? Fire me as a customer? I'm leaving in disgust. I just want time to get to the door before it closes.

Unfortunately he said the service should stay active until the churn takes place, but couldn't guarantee it. Empty promises mean nothing, so having to talk to someone higher up the chain tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  3. lennyc

lennyc Member

Keep in mind that if the problem can not be resolved in the time frame the TIO allows there is a further larger charge payable by Spintel to the TIO.

Top 1% gone. Now to get rid of the next in line who now becomes the top 1%.

PS. The bottom 1% will now receive a discount due to the excessive profit they generated for the company.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. ir0nhide

ir0nhide Member

I always thought it was up to the customer to ensure that their contact details are up to date. A relocation doesn't necessarily mean a change in contact details, no matter how intuitive the customer may think it is.

5. caspian

caspian Member

excellent. they don't want you.

we'll see. I think it's far from determined.

or they could just fucking churn which takes about 48 hours.

I'm over the argument. typical overentitled gen Y crap, no wonder the average T&C is 20 pages long.

6. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

you ALWAYS say that yet always come back for more :Pirate:

:lol:

7. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

I expect when I change my account for a home internet plan that this is now my address. This is done when it is set up. I have had Opus do this to me despite closing the previous address and paying to start a new one. It's not hard...

8. lennyc

lennyc Member

I don't think the OP specified to the company that his contact address was to be different to his service address. If a company is given a new address why would they continue to use the old one unless specifically told to do so. Failure to accurately update their data base is not the customers fault.

9. OP
    OP
    Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Agreed.

Matt.

10. lennyc

lennyc Member

You sir are the perfect customer. One who assumes the position and asks for more. With so many accommodating customers such as yourself, it is no wonder that service levels have declined.

PS. Baby boomer who expects and gets good value and service from good companies for my continued custom.

11. caspian

caspian Member

no, sir.

industry professional dealing with the neverending wants of the whinging consumer for too many years, and tired of dealing with their overentitled bullshit.

12. OP
    OP
    Chamelion

Chamelion Member

I knew you had some work related bias.. I could feel it in my bones. :thumbdn:

13. HumbleBum

HumbleBum Member

Sounds like you need a holiday chief.

Err, I thought it was common knowledge he works @ Telstra.

:thumbup:

14. OP
    OP
    Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Telstra? My god, the poor bugger. Now I just feel sorry for him. :wired:

15. s3kemo

s3kemo Member

I wouldn't feel sorry for him until you are one of his company's customers. That would be a real reason to feel sorry for him.

16. OP
    OP
    Chamelion

Chamelion Member

My grandfather worked for telecom for something like 35 years. My father for around 20... That sham of a company wouldn't get my (retail) business.

So ner nee ner ner ner to you. :rolleyes::p

17. s3kemo

s3kemo Member

Yet Spintel in all their infinite ambiguity (when it comes to writing the clear and specific cut off point for 'unlimited' plans you were wanting) does? :confused:

18. OP
    OP
    Chamelion

Chamelion Member

They did 5 years ago when I felt there was nothing particularly ambiguous about them. All would have continued to have been fine if they left me on the plan I had chosen, rather than switch me up to a false "unlimited". plan :thumbup:

Some of you keep harping on about my level of expectation. I'm telling you bluntly I was happy on 500gb. In such a light you can hardly call me greedy. :rolleyes:

19. lennyc

lennyc Member

Dear caspian:

Industry self inflicted. Your adds raise customer expectations of the service to levels you can not provide. Misleading adds for which you have been fined for is the root cause of your headaches.

It is not unreasonable that you increase your usage from the 500GB limit you adhered to, after being told your service is now unlimited. Don't blame the customer if the ISP doesn't provide a usage figure above which the service will be canceled.

Don't blame the customer for the inability of your staff to update an address on your system.

Don't imply customers have no rights to merchandisable goods and services as advertised, per industry regulations.

Don't imply ISPs can change their trading terms to the detriment of their customers and continue to enforce existing contracts.

Don't try to ram down our throats your industries meaning of unlimited, $29.95, AUPs with no usage figures you deem acceptable, fast speeds up to a theoretical maximum rarely achieved.

I don't wish you anything bad as a person. I do value your input here of an ISPs point of view. For the sake of this discussion I have taken the side of the customer( I feel he is in the right this time ). As a fellow professional working in retail I wish to point out that o thou the customer is always right we are not allowed to kill any of them. Retail would be a dream job if we had no customers.

20. s3kemo

s3kemo Member

I never suggested greed :) (well, deliberately anyway)

You suggested ambiguity to me when you wrote this:

That's where I got it from, FYI.

No problemo :thumbup::D