Squad

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by damo13579, Apr 16, 2015.

1. pugsley

pugsley Member

Yep, numerous full aus servers.

Just played a half round before i call it a night. Didn't kill anything but it was a blast. Squads communicating and working together, moving as squads. Firefights are intense, you dont always know where your enemy is as gunfights can vary from barrel down the throat to hill to hill.
    I'm going to be playing this a lot :leet:

2. roamin

roamin Member

as i expected i would, i just bought it. few people i play arma with also bought it.

bring it on!

3. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

What's your steam ID Roamin? I want to get as many people together as possible playing this.

4. roamin

roamin Member

roamin23 is my username. not sure if that helps

5. sugaris

sugaris Member

Would be keen to play with a "squad" username Candyman

6. roamin

roamin Member

candyman, sounds concerning lol

7. sugaris

sugaris Member

Just don't say Candyman 5 times in front of a mirror and it'll be all good! :tongue:

8. roamin

roamin Member

[​IMG]

9. pugsley

pugsley Member

Same, profile is here

10. FFC

FFC Member

daveee1984 on steam, feel free to add me.

I've been playing since pre-alpha, it's pretty good but it's still very clunky. Aiming doesn't feel fluid at all, which is annoying. Not sure if that is my mouse settings or the games...other games don't appear to be like it.

11. pugsley

pugsley Member

I have heard that is something that will be worked on. Cant find anything concrete though. But i agree that it doesnt feel as good as some other shooters. the mouse movement feels very arma like atm which to me is a drawback.
    The joys of Alpha :p

12. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

I have been watching the development of this game for the past 4-6 months and it looks like it should be a good game. I hope they have some kind of ranking system, not like BF4 were you rank up every round or 2 but something that rewards the people who play a certain kit/vehicle. BF2 was really good ranking wise, took ages to get to the top and for some it never happened as only the elite and dedicated got there to their credit.

Vehicles/aircraft is what has stopped me from getting it yet, I'm waiting to see what they are like. i haven't played much in the way of PC games due to nothing (for me) worth while playing + i get addicted :D BF2 was the last game for me, did play BF3/4 + ARMA 3 for a few hours but didn't get me hooked. Squad is ticking all the boxes ATM, I'm eagerly awaiting the implementation of the vehicles/aircraft.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  13. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

Finally took the plunge and bought Squad... I know its in alpha but they should have gotten to beta stage before releasing it.

Cons
    - Iron sights, hate them.
    - aiming mechanics aren't the best.
    - seriously need vehicles, running so much to just sometimes get to the front and die.
    - long distance viewing is lacking.

Pros
    - I like the chat capabilities, especially "local"
    - Maps size

It has great potential but still a lot of work to do. Vehicles are the missing link for me, hope the have a similar rewards/unlock system like BF2 were you get unlocks slowly and not like BF3/4 were you get them every few rounds. Make people earn in i say. For now I am far from being hooked, not as exciting as it looks on you tube which is disappointing. Can only get better though so will play an hour or so a week to keep up with patches/updates. I believe the are aiming for a full release end of 2016.

14. Rainey

Rainey Member

Been playing a lot of Squad lately. Since the latest release and subsequent hotfixes its gotten even better. I'm playing as [TAS] Rainey primarily on BigD Gaming.net servers with a buddy [TAS] Madax. We're not actually a clan, just using the tags representing our location - don't ask why haha.

I've been streaming on my Twitch account here: https://www.twitch.tv/rainey06aus

A good example of some of our gameplay can be seen in my last broadcast here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/rainey06aus/v/71054293

Sorry for the part copy/paste from my duplicate thread. :Paranoid:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  15. sugaris

sugaris Member

I have this game also... there was a few things that annoyed me so i stopped playing until they fixed them... eg the aiming. Might be time to load it up again and have another go!

16. OP
    OP
    damo13579

damo13579 Member

i havent touched this in around 4 months, was having issues getting crossfire to work properly and was getting terrible FPS on a single card (280x). have any of the recent patches improved performance at all?

17. Rainey

Rainey Member

At the end of Alpha 5 the FPS for me was very smooth. Alpha 6.3 (current version) has a few very smooth maps (OP First Light, Sumari and Kohat) but also has some very system heavy maps too (Gorodok, and Fools Road). I'm still seeing extremely good performance overall though. They reworked the lighting/shadow and water system for Alpha 6 and I think that has hit the hardest. The maps look incredible now though and I think it's a natural progression for a game like this to push the boundaries of your GPU and CPU, with so much dense foliage and wide open space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. kthomp37

kthomp37 Member

Had a good few nights playing this. Seems to be two full local servers every night. It's still very much in Alpha though as I spent half my time just trying to get the game to work properly.

That said the core elements of a proper tactical fps are there and when it works it is very immersive and tense. I will probably play this every month or so to see how it is progressing.

Good stuff and good recommendation Rainey :thumbup:

19. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

I'm interested. Any probs getting game on OS servers if no one around local?
    If I was workin I'd throw cash at it straight up. But don't wanna get wallet burnt.

20. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

Downloaded and just using fire range and unpopulated servers to check it out.

Was going OK @ 4k seemed to be just under 60fps, thats just by feel. I had everything maxed out except the resoloution scale.

Got xfire working on my 295x2 by using the Paragon (ue4) AMD crosfire profile.

Buttery smooth.

Off to find me a mic