Squad

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by damo13579, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Rainey

Rainey Member

2. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

50% off is a no brainer! Absolute bargain. The latest updates have made it even better. Had a few games last night, lots of fun.

But if you are after CoD instant gratification FPS, this is not for you. Far more tactical.

3. OP
    OP
    damo13579

damo13579 Member

new map looks cool.

4. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Is there anyone playing this?
    Been playing insurgency lately and wanting more. Would like to try this out before buying but you can't do that.
    Wondering what's other peoples thoughts on the game? Are the Australian servers populated enough to warrant it?

5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Very surprised that more people aren't playing Squad. Thought I would give it another go since installing my EVGA 1080ti and the game preset everything to MAX settings... at 2560 x 1440 im running 90+ fps solid on the PG279Q.

Had a great match just before and managed to kill about 5 guys. Very intense!

:thumbup:

6. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

I think a lot of people like the run and gun games like BF and COD series. I love Squad and haven't played it much at all due to other priorities in life unfortunately. But agree, strange that more people haven't taken it up. Not well known or people just don't like this style of gameplay?

7. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

Seriously thinking about dropped $2-3k on a gaming rig and playing it. Been doing the whole watching every YouTube clip on gameplay :D

8. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

What sort of graphics card would be good for this game?
    I have an i5 6600k system with 16gig ram. Currently just running onboard graphics but am contemplating a gtx1050ti or gtx 1060 3gb. Budget is <$300..

9. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Keen for this type of gameplay... but doesn't seem to be that many aussie servers/players?

10. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

I believe BigD gaming have a few server - if their PR servers are anything to go by it will be a small, but dedicated community.

11. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

When I was playing it a few weeks ago there is generally one full server at nights

12. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

Still not that many considering how good the game is and how long it has been out. Thought people would be all over this.

13. roamin

roamin Member

problem is a lot of people have moved on, im a huge arma player. over 3500 hours in arma 2 and 3. i played squad and got over it and moved on when it was released. i have not gone back to it especially now escape from tarkov is out and has aussie servers.

squad needed to have more done to it before they released it. but it is what it is. but people moved on and there was not a lot back then to keep there attention, including mine.

escape from tarkov will have me hooked for a very long time, hardcore shooter, high risk high reward system, basically what you take into the fight out of your stash you will loose if you die. no game has my heart racing like tarkov, when you go into a raid with $250,000 worth of gear you get nervous real fast but its so much fun. when you come out of a raid with backpacks full of m4's and mpx's its sensational. but you can also die to a dude hiding in the corner somewhere with a pistol and loose the lot! then you gotta go and earn all that gear again.

14. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

Just checked that game out on YouTube. Looks good. May have to have a go at that as well. Still in Beta ?

15. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

It's a pretty niche market, "hardcore" shooters, no?

16. Dilligaf666

Dilligaf666 Member

Just got Squad yesterday - watched the videos and did the shooting range tutorial etc - jumped online last night. Completely got lost - couldn't work out who teh bad guys were until they started shooting me. I think I will spend more time on it though - seems like it can be fun

17. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

It's a hard game and takes time to adjust from my experience. Well worth it though. I just hate not having optics with some of the kits.

Your right though, it is sometimes hard to see who is who. Don't want to look like a dick and team kill anyone.

18. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

Steam username is jimmy605 if anyone is keen to squad up. Only newish to it.

19. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

Squad just went on 30% off through Steam as part of their halloween sale. I just bought it, looking forward to some mil sim action tonight!

20. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

So I had a few awesome rounds of Squad on Friday night. Trying to get into a server is proving really difficult though, there's only the BigD servers running and they're always full...