Squad

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by damo13579, Apr 16, 2015.

1. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

Yeah I enjoy it too. Its always a busy role and you're always having to decide whether to clear/defend or to administer the revive.. Again, learning to read the situation helps here.

2. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

Haha, I'm glad it's not just me. Struggle as insurgents/RF as their basic infantry kits or irom sights only.

3. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

I actually prefer the iron sights coz of the increased field of view.. I find the 'focus' that the scopes have (how they blur whats around them) to be annoying.. My fave weapon is the rifleman M4A1 with the fore grip = winner, especially in close quarters.

The AK weapons seem to have a bit better stopping power than the M4's too. The G3A3 is even better again.

4. Rainey

Rainey Member

V12 Alpha is out now. We get the Abrams, and a bunch of new optimisations and tweaks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

6. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

Is the community getting any more welcoming to newcomers?

I'd love to play a few more rounds but ,depending on the night, players can be less than understanding of new players as they learn the mechanics...

7. bart5986

bart5986 Member

This is pretty much the reason it sits in my steam library unplayed.

Insurgency Sandstorm is a good example of a realism aspect that is easy to at least be useful.

I haven't played Squad in a very long time but I found it difficult to do the "right" thing in other players minds.

8. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Yeah, I'm very much in to shooters and stuff but playing Squad was just a good way to get called names. Of the 2 of 3 times I've sat down to play Squad I've always exited after about 30-60 minutes, lots of running, getting shot out of nowhere and having people yell at you. No thanks.

I was very keen for this game in the beginning as I like Insurgency, ARMA3 etc. I was super pumped for a more infantry focused experience but over time they've put a lot of vehicles in which isn't my cup of tea- I don't think vehicles really improve a game. I most enjoyed ARMA3 King of the Hill Hardcode Infantry Only, but this game isn't really like that.

9. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Patch update 1.3 is out now... 11.5Gb download.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    the_antipop and FatBoy like this.
  10. kthomp37

kthomp37 Member

11. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

New update out yesterday...