SSD Price Discussion

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by tfroggydawg, Jan 19, 2012.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Probably 2 years now, not worth it for $20. "may take 45 days to appear in your account" by that point I don't care anymore, good plan for them.

2. Blinky

Blinky Member

Hmmm, it’s more than likely the morphine is kicking in, but I swear that says 8TB on 2.5” consumer grade devices.

[​IMG]

MUTMAN likes this.
  3. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

all good. Umart havent had any material on their website for the last two redemption offers so nothing out of the ordinary on that

Blinky and Yehat like this.
  4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

6. Blinky

Blinky Member

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I would have grabbed it as a back up drive at that price, as I'm currently out of nvme motherboard slots.

8. davros123

davros123 Member

I snaffled one of them for the new server build. Arrived today, rebate submitted happy days. That fella will do nicely as an additional esxi datastore.

Blinky and MR CHILLED like this.
  9. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  10. OJR

OJR Member

vladtepes likes this.
  11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

stalyoni likes this.
  12. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

yeah ive been eyeing off the sabrent 2tb nvmes for a while but i just cant pull the trigger as I know its money i wont get back in the long run of things really like when I purchased two 970 pro 1tb nvme at like 500 bux a pop a while back. PCs you can pour so much money into but do you really need to or is it just an obsession lols or some would say a passion

MR CHILLED likes this.
  13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Or e-penis competition :cool: I always think about it in terms of changeover cost. I can always sell my old parts for a reasonable amount because they are generally upper end stuff, even if a bit older.....and trade that off with buying new gear at the upper end. Having said that though, if there's virtually no difference with an upgrade then I will hold back.....just no point in the purchase sometimes : )

stalyoni likes this.
  14. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

yeah as im getting older cough cough 42 i cbf keeping up with the jones' anymore. If my tech does what i want it to do when i need it to do it then im happy. The glow of my LG 55 inch c9 OLED keeps me warm at night as well as the hot vapour spouting out from my xbox series x lols i think my penis just grew a little bit ;)

MR CHILLED likes this.
  15. Blinky

Blinky Member

Right, you there! Out!, out of the pool. No more overclocking for you son. :p:D

Seriously though, that's always been the case, why stop now? (he says typing from an ebay Dell 9020 Micro that never gets interfered with)

[​IMG]

As far as the Saberent drives go, don't you have to buy the right one? as they use different nand chips?

stalyoni and MUTMAN like this.
  16. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Yeah I think there are different types and performance brackets of the 2tb sabrent drives. I was gonna go the 330 bux one but not sure if that would be a good one to get. It's something I would like but don't really need tbh. I would rather a decent Android TV for my room at night to stream my series x too

17. Blinky

Blinky Member

I have a good special on the new Chromecast with Google TV if you are interested.

MUTMAN likes this.
  18. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Had one there shit so sold it. Had it like for two weeks. After using the newest shield pro there's no going back to one of those. Been looking at the Sony 43 or 50 inch Android 4k HDR TV's. It's just a banger for my room

MUTMAN likes this.
  19. Blinky

Blinky Member

I see, I might have to try the shield pro then -> to add to my collection of Roku, AppleTV 4K 64, Chromecast with Google TV all of which is mirrored in my LG CX77" - I really thought that I was done after that lot.

The Chromecast with Google TV special has six months of NetFlix Standard level for $140, then if you are a Google One member like me they take off another $14. If anybody wants it let me know, I don't think there is a limit.

Where should I go shopping for a Shield Pro stalyoni?

stalyoni likes this.
  20. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

They come up on here from time to time. Just wait one will show up soon enough. The Google TV with Chrome cast really requires a type c hub with power delivery to be useful so you can plug a usb key into or hdd but then you can only use fat 32 so your limited even more. It's almost as quick in terms of getting from one app to the next and operation within the menus as the shield pro but lacks in allot of other features

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021