SSUPD Meshlicious

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by bex, Jan 20, 2021.

1. asho444

asho444 Member

I loved the shift but I think these cases are so much better layed out!

2. Tazor

Tazor Member

I reckon I'll order one of these closer to release - need to mull it over but my FormD T1 is less ideal due to being horizontal as the vertical footprint will actually work better for my desk...

3. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Ordered a TG black for $159 with expected date of 30/4. I wish PCCG would open up pickup again, tired of paying $15 for shipping when they are 10 mins down the road

4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Are they still shipping only? Wtf... yeah that's such a pain.

I'm probably going to order a temporary cheap case to house my system while I wait lol

5. argent

argent Member

Received my 280mm rad and the fans to go with it yesterday lol - now just need the Meshlicious come 30/4

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

I'm gonna order an NR200 with a Corsair H115i Pro XT with a couple of LL140's this week, then I can order the SSU Mesh separately to arrive when it does lol

AdamMB23 likes this.
  7. phreeky82

phreeky82 Member

Was looking at this case for a build, checked some youtube reviews and saw people doing water cooling builds in it.

Anyone explain to me why you'd choose a mesh case that's all about airflow and then use coolers that can be stuck right at an intake?

Are AIO coolers just so overused these days for the wow factor? I have no problem with them themself, but does it not nullify the need for a full mesh case?

8. argent

argent Member

The air still has to come from SOMEWHERE... better flow = less work for fans = less noise = more efficient heat dissipation from radiators

AIOs typically only cover a single PU... so if you choose CPU, your GPU needs air flow.. if you choose GPU, your CPU needs airflow... the mesh allows that

9. asho444

asho444 Member

Also apparently a negative air pressure set is best for sandwich cases, so you should have the rad fans sucking air out which pulls in air through the mesh and over all the other components helping the cool

10. phreeky82

phreeky82 Member

The issue with that is dust, unless all inlets are covered with dust filters.

I generally only run intake fans (PSU and GPU own fans aside) so that I know all air gets filtered. Dust is the death of electronics in the salty high humidity of coastal Nth Qld, it just holds the moisture and causes rapid corrosion.

It might work but just not convinced. Need to be able to control where the air is going (in, out, and where it's flowing) whereas the mesh just seems like throwing ventilation at it and hoping for the best. I doubt you'd ever see a commercial electronics device take this approach for that very reason, possibly passive cooling aside.

11. argent

argent Member

12. Tazor

Tazor Member

In 3 slot mode you can fit the Barrow CPU Water Block Combo that Optimum Tech reviewed - that might be the easiest option

13. argent

argent Member

Yeah I already knew about that one. There’s also an iceman reservoir that fits the meshlicious as well.

14. argent

argent Member

Oh *drooooool*

While loop order doesn't matter, looks like this one goes from res/pump to GPU, GPU to rad, rad to CPU back to res. My OCD is acting up lol..........

The EK VTX pump looks like it's only secured by two screws at the back as well.

Tazor likes this.
  15. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

That triple bend is dope - so clean. Wish OT filmed that part. I do enjoy the titanium fittings as well. Very keen for my case now!!

16. Tazor

Tazor Member

It's unfair how good the FE block is... I'm still trying to decide what the best looking shroud is to show off through the side panel for an air cooled card. I quite like the PNY XLR8 cards which also seem to be in stock semi regularly so that's looking positive.

Anyone else wish Gigbyte made the 3060 Aorus Elite in higher models? It looks so good but the 3060 is such an average card...

17. argent

argent Member

I've been doing some guestimates on whether I'd be able to fit my 1080ti in the same format as OT but unfortunately I think the tolerances are going to be REAAAALLY tight with a whole 2mm to work with hahaha! And that EXCLUDES the fittings coming out of the Bykski DDC Pump/Res I have. I'm now looking at that Phanteks R160 to go on the front just above the PSU. I think it's possible to fit there quite nicely!

18. argent

argent Member

Mocked this up - the only issue is that I can't find the R160 dimensions with a pump attached with any accuracy.

upload_2021-3-18_14-59-50.png

Coupled with a low profile 90 degree fitting, it could possibly work though....

19. akromatic

akromatic Member

i'm tempted to move my build into the meshi and i do have a R160 that i can use for it but im concerned about heat and if it can handle my build with only a single 280mm rad.

one thing though, the render of the R160 looks flipped. the outlets are on the other side if you want the acrylic side facing forward

20. argent

argent Member

Yes it is flipped - I couldn't find an image of the back of the R160 unfortunately so I had to make do with a positional. The pump side is against the side panel. Bear in mind I'm extrapolating the thickness of the R160 and the DDC pump housing together so it may not be accurate. There may not be enough clearance between the PCIex connector and the R160 once the pump is in there. If you can supply a measurement, I could probably firm up the number a bit :) Currently I have a rough measurement of just over 50mm. Also the height of your pump, housing and heatsink by itself would be awesome (just in case others use a different one with different heights)

upload_2021-3-23_9-47-17.png