Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

You misread what was said, I never wrote there was nothing groundbreaking and with Miicah being correct about how Server meshing is simply a form of dynamic load balancing. Miicah is the one who wrote server meshing was nothing groundbreaking.
    Well get used to it, because I am going to continue to complain about this game when it has been over seven years the 2+ is right, tho you should probably re-state that as another 5+. I gave up on this game long ago and I don't see how that is a negative thing.
    Game done or not done yet, there are legit concerns about the rendering performance later when things are all in the game and the game is completed the groundwork should be done now and frankly still sitting on DX11 is not bloody good enough after seven years some foresight with Mantle would have been good to see. Vulkan absolutely smashes DirectX in every way, DX12 is not even utilized even tho games say they are DX12 it is not really using what makes DX12 any better over DX11. I could go and on but you won't care.

You are far to optimistic about a game which has clearly as of right now a tech demo after seven years, which hmm thinking about like that yea okay things have not gone so bad guess will see how it turns out.

Fortigurn likes this.
  2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I literally just said previously that worst case scenario I was hoping to get the singleplayer campaign for my $30.

And you call that optimistic?

I think you've developed some serious issues related to this game and the huge $300 pledge you spent and you are jumping to way too many conclusions on a game that is still at least 2.5 years away based on their own roadmaps.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  3. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

I would not think they are serious issues, I have not given it much thought until checking out this thread after all this time.
    I have really just been speaking about the thoughts I have had in the past as they have not changed.

I meant optimistic about performances and such. I really only want a Sandbox sim myself and SP, not that interested in the PU

4. Sankari

Sankari Member

Great to see this game is still bringing people together.

:thumbup:

Drizz06 and Pinkeh like this.
  5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Grand alliances and clans have fallen apart before the game was even Alpha.

Drizz06, macktheknife and Sankari like this.
  6. Sankari

Sankari Member

So as far as I can tell, Star Citizen is still little more than vapourware after 7 long years?

:wired: :Paranoid:

7. Sven76

Sven76 Member

I believe they are the same team tasked with getting half life 3 to us ........

8. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I'll never see my orion. RIP

9. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

You guys better watch out for Bart, he has a lot to say about that.

Pinkeh and BAK like this.
  10. choppa

choppa Member

Worse, they've raked in more money than anyone can imagine and if I'm reading correctly have delivered a couple of semi-playable cut-scenes?

Come back in another 13 years...

Well, whenever this game comes out, I'll get it. Until then... life's out there to be lived.

ledhead900, Pinkeh and Sankari like this.
  11. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

You're not reading correctly. The alpha is fully playable and has no cut scenes.

The cut scene videos are from SQ42, the separate single player game.

12. Sankari

Sankari Member

LOL, still in alpha! Bloody hell.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

Because it's open development an alpha has been made available a lot earlier in the process than normal. That way backers can follow the game progress and provide feedback on systems as they're developed.

Some games take a long time, nothing unusual there. This game just seems like it's taken a lot longer than anything else because we've had lots of information about it right from the beginning.

14. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Yeah nah, most AAA games these days will be developed in under 2 years.

Star Citizens development time is getting up there with Fucking Duke Nukem Forever

miicah, ledhead900 and Fortigurn like this.
  15. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

A lot of crying by big paying backers with the latest version of alpha, and everyone else is telling them to suck it up because simulation.
    Apparently the huge expensive ships are now taking 35-45 minutes of flying to leave atmosphere before they get to space and can jump - due to the new flight model which now respects mass a lot more than before.

I for one, always rolled my eyes when a Reclaimer suddenly lifted off and turned around etc in a blink of the eye like it was a fighter - hopefully CIG stick to their guns, and don't change it back.

16. Sankari

Sankari Member

Mate, seriously, this game is now older than my grandmother, and she's been dead since 2010.

:wired: :Paranoid:

choppa and BAK like this.
  17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

That doesn't even make sense... I think you messed up somewhere...

I agree, this is a great change.

I haven't looked into it much, but I'm guessing this puts more focus on having a variety of ships in a crew, rather then just the biggest ones.

18. Sankari

Sankari Member

I wasn't being literal, obviously.

choppa likes this.
  19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I don't expect the Orion to be nimble but i hope to see it soon :p

20. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

158m long 600 tonne salvage ship, Takes a crew of 5, The Reclaimer is only ~$550.00 AUD (*game not included) when on sale in the pledge store.
    https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/Reclaimer

None of the salvage/crew stuff works at the moment in alpha, so it's just a big cargo ship....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    ledhead900 likes this.