Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Of course they would be sent to another server. You're confusing servers with shards/realms/regional hubs and there aren't even meant to be shards according to Chris' grand plan.

As for SC being a nearly releasable MMO in it's current state you're delusional.

2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I play Elite Dangerous with my Pimax, very amazing!

I felt the same way when I played 3.5, great progress though, but slow.

Chris's grand plan (lol) does include being able to see everyone at all times as far as I know.

3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You should probably go back and read that link we've shown you a dozen times by now.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

HAR HAR HAR

5. bart5986

bart5986 Member

From a post shortly after the kickstarter November 11th 2012. Thats nearly 8 years.

With how the game is right now with no loading screens, I'm only expecting to be seperated if a small area goes over a set quota.

6. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I am not making a claim that the game will just sit unreleased. I am pointing out that you refuse to accept any other than the two possibilities you listed, demonstrating you cannot even imagine that Roberts (if he maintains ownership and control), will fail to finish the game with everything promised.

So when you wrote "it has what he promised (and more)", you didn't actually mean "what he promised"? By the way, how many of those 100 star systems have been completed so far?

7. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Well no because he's already gone back on a lot of the original promises, exactly like the 100 star systems like I mentioned earlier.

I would brace yourself because I'm assuming we will hear some more things cut in the future once it gets time to release the game.

Most of the that stuff will probably eventually come in MMO updates, but only if the game is successful.

8. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

This thread in a god damn nut shell

9. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

It's almost poetic really.....

joerandom and Fortigurn like this.
  10. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

So why would you say that you think the only two options are that he would release the game and "it has what he promised (and more)", or that it's given to someone else who doesn't finish it? Why would you say something which you think isn't true?

By the way, how many of those 100 star systems have been completed so far?

Sorry, I have to brace myself? For what? For something that I've been saying for months will happen? Something you've been fanatically denying?

Your predictions about this game have been so reliable thus far, I'm sure you're right.

11. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I'll be retired by the time this game eventuates :p

joerandom likes this.
  12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I've never denied he doesn't cut things, and I'm telling you he's going to cut more.

By "and more" I'm saying the scope of the game is still increasing despite cutting things like the 100 star systems. The Chris Roberts way obviously! :p

Pretty normal in regular game development and its obviously going to happen a lot more when Chris Roberts is making your game.

13. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Every time people here have told you he was going to cut content, you've resisted the idea. Now you're telling me that he's going to cut more? That's what people here have been telling you for months.

Previously you've been arguing that this game would have what was promised, precisely because Chris Roberts is making the game. Now you're completely flipping your view.

By the way, how many of those 100 star systems have been completed so far?

14. bart5986

bart5986 Member

You keep asking how many star systems have been completed but I have no idea, do you know? Its not much.

Can you show me where I mentioned he was not going to cut content? I don't remember saying that at all.

It would be a pretty strange thing for me to say as content started being cut a long time ago, Virtual Reality support was cut a long time ago and I knew that as I own VR and VR support is part of the kickstarter pledge.

15. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

17. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

18. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

All refunds are off the table for a while now, there's no money for that, there's no money for another year of salaries without more ship sales, anonymous donors or layoffs.

19. bart5986

bart5986 Member

20. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

I would be happy with the game that was described when I pledged my money nearly 7 years ago, which is not what is being delivered promised, I would also be alot happier if the demo beta alpha showcase was progressed before more money grabbing ships artwork is released for guilible fools too part hard earned cash for, and that squadron 42 remain vapourware until the initial promise is meet. Have never changed my stance on this point in the past 6 years once the project started to slip on delivering its promises.