Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

Yes I do. Experience will generally win out against newbies.
    I’m guessing you’re more focused on the argument with Bart than anything specific that might be in the game?

2. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I guess you missed the part where I told you to read Hookimus' post for the context of what I was talking about?

3. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

I read it. Something didn’t click. Now it has. Hence me asking for clarification.

4. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

Loremakers panel is up!

Nethiuz likes this.
  5. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

3.8 is in the PTU, oh sweet mother of whatever deity you want to believe in.

Planet Tech V4 is sweet

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  6. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

They just did a SOCS stress test build. Apparently it runs nice for a build they wanted us to break.

Nethiuz likes this.
  7. sparz14

sparz14 Member

How did they stress it? Increase the player cap? Any idea how many people got online at once?

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I check this thread every 20 pages or so and it's always just people arguing. See you soon.

9. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

It wasn't a single server stress I believe. It was over the whole network to see what issues arose. The player count is the same for the moment.

I guess you ignore all the informative stuff then.

10. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New planet tech is looking good.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Since it's so quiet, let's get back to it.
    No. I posted a video which was very positive about Star Citizen, and you claimed that you were called a cultist when you said the same things as the video. I asked you to provide an example of you being called a cultist for saying the same things as the video. Instead you quoted a post in which you were called a cultist for saying something totally different, in particular for flatly denying evidence and making ad hoc unsubstantiated claims defending Star Citizen.
    I hate to break it to you, but that is not a "design doc". That's a marketing post. It says next to nothing about the heat system, and it says absolutely nothing about the flight model currently in use (the one they changed to, which is more like Elite's than the one they had before).

Not only that, but apart from the fact that it's quite vague about the heat system they're going to implement, it doesn't actually represent the heat system they have now. In particular the one they have now doesn't have at least one of the features mentioned in this post, but the post doesn't mention one of the features they have now (a feature shared with Elite). In fact this is precisely the kind of post to which SC fans appeal on the one hand saying "If you want to know the features, they're described right here, this is how it's going to be", and then completely abandon once they cease to be true, saying "What? Wow why are you quoting that post from way back then, you should know by now nothing is set in stone, the feature list hasn't been finalized, you can't trust a blog post".

I don't think you even read this. I think you just searched for "heat" or whatever. You certainly made no attempt to demonstrate that this marketing post proves that all the points raised in that video are false.
    But I am not describing misappropriation of funds. As you can see from my post, the point I am making is not "They are misapproprating funds", it's "They are still asking for more money despite the fact that two years ago they said they had all the money they needed".
    No I didn't ignore that. I even quoted Roberts specifically saying they would work on S42 first, then ue the revenue from that to complete SC. Here it is again.
    Source. You cannot escape the fact that two years ago they said they had all the money they neeed to complete this project, and didn't need any more.

FoxMaN and XanaTos like this.
  12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

You mean, since there has been genuine discussion on the game recently instead of you just spreading your general negativity everywhere like you always do. You must be depressing to be around in real life.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Murmandamus likes this.
  13. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Really don't get how that could be a stress test if nothing has changed.

Other stress test I've seen try to get many people to join the servers and see how it handles it.

14. ShaggyMoose

ShaggyMoose Member

Pretty damn good since its 100% procedural.

15. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

No one cares anymore.

You describe them doing something but you’re not saying what it is that you’re describing. We get it.

I’m not digging through hundreds of hours of interviews and videos for where Chris clarified about slowing down and scaling back production of the persistent universe of the money dried up. Production hasn’t slowed on the PU, in fact you could argue it’s speeding up so that kind of makes your entire line of argument moot.

Finally, you can argue on whether to a design doc, marketing or whatever, it doesn’t change the fact that it pre-dates what you believe it copies. I get it. Nothing I can show you will change your mind. This is the last I’m engaging on this with you.

16. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

It’s procedurally generated but artists still do a fair bit of the biomes placement, etc.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  17. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

You keep avoiding the point at hand. Nothing you write here changes the fact that he said they had enough money to complete the project, even if they didn't receive any further funding.

But it doesn't actually describe the specific features which people are saying were copied. That's the point here. You can't say these features pre-dated the charge of copying, when there's no evidence for this.

18. bassyblue

bassyblue Member

The “project” is star citizen AND squadron 42. You need to revise your assertion.
    Thrusters are components. Always have been. If they talk about components being able to be overclocked, causing overheating but using weapons as an example, are you going to argue that it only specifically refers to weapons?

Like I said. Enough. Nothing I can say or show you will make a dent. You can stop now.

19. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

That's sort of what they did. They wanted a bunch of people to get on to test overall system load. I assume that once they know what the system load is like compared to 3.7 with the same player numbers they'll be able to look at increasing the player count. They can also experiment with AI counts to impact server load.

Seems odd to post that when it's still limited to Wave 1 though.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...rum/1/thread/3-8-ptu-wave-1-help-us-test-socs

"We are collecting data here on how SOCS performs when under the stress of a higher concurrent user-base. We need as many of you as possible to log on and play so we can monitor when and how things break. We know they will break, but we're specifically looking for when and how they break"

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    bassyblue likes this.
  20. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

3.8 PTU is available to all backers. I assume they're hoping to get it to Live at the end of the week before they have their xmas break.

There's a new pillar talk as well, though it was recorded at CitCon and basically just covers 3.8. The editing isn't as bad as the previous ones, but there's still some awkward cuts. I'd prefer these as an unedited SCLive episode.

Nethiuz and bassyblue like this.