1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Really? of all the potential issues the game might have release, some food and drink is what makes you refund your 1k?

The temperature/weather survival stuff actually looks really good.

Food/Water does sound annoying, but I do think its actually an interesting way to make far away places on a planet more of a mission to get to and actually have some risk, rather then driving around on the planet for 5 hours without worrying about anything. I think I wouldn't mind it if you only got hungry/thirsty outside of your ship and city areas.

I'm withholding hate until its properly implemented, but yes DayZ style eating/drinking sounds hilariously stupid.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    macktheknife likes this.
  2. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I don't mind O2 for sure. Temp is ok.
    Food and Drink is just crap, utter crap. This is a space sim not fucking ARK.
    I don't want to eat every time i run, they are adding stamina etc.

Ck21 likes this.
  3. sparz14

sparz14 Member

I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as you think. It's more of a buff/debuff system. They've already said it won't be a huge impact to gameplay

4. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Ah after 3k hours in ARK i am not down for looking after my character whatsoever.

5. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I remember when Star Citizen was about flying spaceships.

FoxMaN, Sphinx2000, Nethiuz and 2 others like this.
  6. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

I don't food and drink being a thing as long as we don't end up have to do it constantly to avoid debuffs. I'd prefer if it was just an optional buffs system though, like they've been saying it would be until now.

It's a bit early to be doing a knee jerk sell. In the AMA they mentioned they're looking at having so it'll be hours between when you have to drink. Given the travel times it's not like we won't have opportunities to do it without interrupting the flow of what we're doing. They've backed out of things before when people found them too annoying. Like QT drive overheating.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/player-status-system-ama

7. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Just goes to show AGAIN these clowns have NFI what they're doing.

FoxMaN, Fortigurn and Nethiuz like this.
  8. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Based on your opinion?

Their priorities are a business are to make the maximum amount of profit during development and upon release.

More people buying the game means they are doing the right thing, even if it involves eating and drinking.

But sure, some random internet person thinks they know better then the company that has received over 270 million dollars from people.

9. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

How about release the f@#king thing before you start on other shit that was not even in the scope.

Can see it coming a mile away, because they are doing this now, now everything gets pushed back and more bugs into the game to fix,GG.

FN CLOWNS.

10. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I don't see how making it a survival game will maximise profits one bit.
    Turning people away. Instead of figuring out how to make my character shit, i'd like the Drake Corsair i paid for a long time ago ;)

11. bart5986

bart5986 Member

They don't need to release it on your schedule, they can release it on the schedule that suits their business, as all business' do.

Everything they have done so far has worked exactly as they intended, some planned features that are not set in stone is unlikely to change that as they will likely follow whatever the community wants.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  12. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Know when a "business" is just string people along as well, just for money.

Everything they have done so far has worked exactly as they intended. Get off the drugs.

13. bart5986

bart5986 Member

If you genuinely think the business is just stringing people along, why are you demanding they release a game at all? As its obviously not going to be a working game.

You would be better off finding a new space game.

14. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Because I like to see people getting ripped off in the name of "business".

You would be better off finding a new space game. - thanks for the advice.

15. bart5986

bart5986 Member

At least there is now an explanation for your idiotic posts.

16. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

So caring for other people is stupid, good to know.

You sound like a real stand up guy.

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

The time to stop people paying thousands of dollars for a picture of a ship was years and years ago.

18. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I gifted the BMM to a friend, can't give away the Corsair or Cutlass seems to be bound to account.
    Even if the game comes out and is amazing, i refuse to fucking eat food and drink in a game. I will have a beer on my desk and that's the only drinking i need to do!
    I swear i have PTSD from ARK Survival.

19. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Been saying it for alot longer than a few years.

I starting saying that when I heard some business was charging hundred's in MTX for a game that was not even close to out.

20. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Just FYI if you didn't know, Star Citizen was started and was funded specifically by players who paid for ships on a game that didn't even exist.