1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

miicah and Fortigurn like this.
  2. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Companies fail... Shareholders get screwed. Means nothing in regards to the likelihood of the game being released.

3. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

Nethiuz, Sankari and Fortigurn like this.
  4. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Controversial take "Star Citizen Is Going To Disappoint You".

5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Considering the date of the article you'd think they'd know the RDR2 budget easily surpasses the GTA5 budget and SC's, possibly combined if you include marketing. Point stands though. Rockstar knew what they were doing, had realistic goals and competent management so the game came out. SC has inept management, insane goals and is still missing core tech.

6. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

That's because they released some already out ships.... IN GREEN! For St Paddy's day. Only $599

7. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

Only just saw chronicles of elyria has been shut down and officially labelled as a scam. I hope for all those invested you get something some day but I'm not holding my breath

Fortigurn likes this.
  8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Should have just sold Horse jpeg's for 10 years.

miicah, FoxMaN, Ck21 and 4 others like this.
  9. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Delays more delays, even if you take out the Corona cause every patch for 8 years has been delayed.
    Learn to set a realistic date?, or maybe less shit in each patch? How do you get it wrong for 8 years?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Why are you acting surprised though?

Since the beginning they have always had delayed features in their roadmap, the roadmap has always been best case scenario and due to the game being essentially a dream game

Setting a realistic date doesn't really change anything, and doesn't really have a negative effect on the actual game, just maybe the enthusiasm of fans.

They are basically publishing their internal roadmap, which in my experience with business' never ends up being reality. What they should have created was a public roadmap, but I really don't think it would make any difference.

Delays are very normal with game development, its just not normal on this scale, we are essentially watching someone learn how to drive a car, and we aren't sure if the car will be driveable at the end.

11. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I can agree with 3.9 delay, they have to work from home now.
    But say setting a longer date in the future and then surprising people with an earlier release would boost confidence in the product, people are stupid, deliberately set it beyond actual release, become loved! People are easy to manipulate. I think i'll go start a crowdfunded sale of virtual items tomorrow.

12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

You have a good point, but I think its already been proved that people don't really care, at least for Star Citizen in particular.

While early on their intentions are questionable, I don't think they are currently trying to manipulate anyone about release date, Chris Roberts in recent times has been very honest about the release date for key features Star Citizen requires that basically means we shouldn't expect anything until the end of 2021. (Thats pre corona virus as well)

Nethiuz likes this.
  13. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Developers can't have perpetual development promising the game of everyone's dreams and spending millions on wages a month, it can't go on forever.
    With a struggling engine and server model, shallow alpha gameplay, constant delays in progress and with no end in sight, more and more backers will simply become disillusioned..

The mocap with all the TV/Movie actors for the SP game was back in 2015... lol

Fortigurn likes this.
  14. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I think they should celebrate another delay with another expensive ship jpg selling.

macktheknife and Fortigurn like this.
  15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It's been 8 years and they have only just coded ship docking?

Fortigurn and Sankari like this.
  16. Sankari

Sankari Member

Another Star Citizen success story!

#anotherstarcitizensuccessstory

qwertylesh and macktheknife like this.
  17. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

Way to normalize shitty behaviour

Sankari and Fortigurn like this.
  18. bart5986

bart5986 Member

It is normal though, no need to have a big cry about it all the time.

As I already said, the roadmap does not affect how quickly the game is completed, it would be the same with or without it, which is that its not coming out for ages.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Another official roadmap update, and another bunch of stuff is delayed or removed again! Backers are not happy:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...orum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-april-17th-2020

Less and less content coming out each quarter now, lack of game loops, all that money spent with very little progress.
    Judging by the comments on the official forum thread, many long standing backers are starting to lose their patience now.. :Paranoid:

Summary:

FoxMaN likes this.
  20. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Don't worry, certain backers here will tell us they're delighted because another delay just means the game is going to be even better. Look at all the time and care they're spending on it!